ı 06 ı 1863

PART SIX: MYSTIC FALLS

AS GOOD as it felt to have my best friend back, we still weren't even close to finding Katerina . It's been two hundred years since she slipped through my fingers, never once seen again. If there was one thing she was good at, it was hiding. Unfortunately for her, the one thing I am good at is running.

There's been great progress within civilization; postage stamps and mail delivery have become popular, as well as photography. New inventions are the only time I don't feel disappointed in the human race. Thanks to the new system of mail, I'm now able to communicate with Lexi better. She demanded that we write to one another each month just to see how we're doing. Last I heard she was in California.

In all honesty I hold my breath every time I read her letters. Each time they say the same thing, scolding me about how I'm wasting my life. I've heard the same bloody thing for the past eight hundred years, and by now I'm practically immune to its effects on me. I've come to terms that I never really will find meaning to my life. I feel as if destroying Klaus is the only thing going for me. I know when it comes down to it, Elijah will leave once we end Klaus, and I'll be alone with nothing to do. All my life I've done nothing but torment and run from Klaus, slowly drowning myself in the darkness of it all. I fear that when I rise to the surface, I'll have forgotten how to breathe.

"Here." Elijah walks through the front door of our small apartment. We've taken up a small living space in a small town called Harrisville, Virginia. We were drawn here by the amount of witches, and surprisingly they've been more than happy to help track down the mighty Klaus Mikaelson. The only thing is, with no personal item of his to help create a locator spell, it's extremely difficult to find him. "All the mail is for you," he says, sliding two envelopes across the table to me.

I recognize Lexi's handwriting and immediately toss that letter to the side, not really in the mood to read it now. The other one however contains handwriting that I'm unfamiliar with. With creased brows I cut open the envelope and scan over the letter.

Katherine? Must be what Katerina is going by now

Elijah," I call, being half way through the letter. As soon as my eyes scan the words 'Mystic Falls', I already know what we have to do.