Chapter 21

"Are you ready for this?" He asked me as I nodded my head. I took a deep breath before Hirato clenched the gun closer to him and tugged my hand. With a hard kick he burst open the door, revealing several shouts.

Just as the stream link had shown before on the computer, the room was a wine cellar of big wooden barrels for the wine to grow older. It was lit up by a couple of lights on the stonewalls. There was a pair of chairs to one side of the huge room where 3 men sat and looked ready to charge at any second.  On the other side of the room was the camera and in front of that sat Tom on the chair, with Anthony behind him looking surprised at us.

 Tom’s head whipped up as he looked at Hirato and me. Before I had any time to react, Hirato was pulled away from my clench by two men and pinned to the floor with a loud smash, his gun flying to the other side of the room. Someone grabbed my arms and dragged me backwards, sending me tripping due to the surprise.

"Get your hands off me!" I roared and saw how Hirato struggled, kicked and smashed his fists into the men who were clearly having a problem keeping him to the ground. Two of the men sitting down immediately jumped up to assist but not even Hirato could fend off 4 men.

I stared to Tom who was staring right back at me as a small groan left his lips as Anthony smacked him on the backside of his head. I clenched my jaw together and used all my force to shoot my elbow right into the diaphragm of the man holding me, sending him flying backwards in loss of air and a groan. I saw my chance and hurdled to Tom, kneeling in front of him, placing my hands on each side of his mangled face.

"Tom?!" I cried, trying to force his wary eyes to meet mine.

"Taylor no..." he muttered but let the weight of his head fall into my hand, making my tears burn in my eyes. He was so fragile and weak...

"You stupid girl!" Anthony suddenly roared as he pointed towards the camera that one of his minions ran up to and shut off.

I flinched as I saw his hand rising up in the air to gain force and then coming towards me. I clenched my eyes together, anticipating the pain until I heard a smack and no pain arriving. I opened my eyes and saw Tom had shifted his head to get the smack in my place. He groaned again as Anthony scoffed at him. My brain stopped working as I gasped and embraced Tom. He was barely conscious but still tried to take the hit.

"Tom you need to stay awake, listen to my voice" I panicked. He breathed hard as I pulled up his face, wiping some of the blood away from his lip as his eyes met mine. He looked beyond weak.   

"You shouldn’t have come" he gasped as I shook my head.

"I would’ve done it anyway, nothing could’ve stopped me" I mumbled and tried my best to give him a small smile even though the situation.  

"Tom is right though, you shouldn’t have come here..." Anthony suddenly growled and grabbed my arm, roughly pulling me away from Tom. I whimpered a little bit due to the fact that he held such a hard grip in his massive strength. It felt like he was going to crush my bones.

"Get your hands off me!" I yelled and tried to yank away but he was much stronger than I had anticipated.

He pulled me along the floor as I struggled to break free. I shot Tom a hasty look as I saw he was so tired he barely could keep his head up. I clenched my jaw together tightly. If he didn’t get medical care soon he wouldn’t make it.