Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Austin was waiting for me in the front of school like he usually did before he left. I could feel that something was going on and I can’t explain it, but Austin has changed in some way I can’t figure out.

“Hey, there. What’s going on?”

“Nothing did jess tell you I wanted to talk to you?”

“Yeah, she did. So, what do you want to talk to me about?”

“Well, I know I hurt you when I left and I was just making sure that…” he hesitated.

“That what?”

“That we are still together.”

“Oh. Well, I want us to be together. Do you?”

“You know I do.”

“Well. Then. What do you want to do first?”

“This.”

He leans down and kisses me like he never kissed me before. I always thought Austin was a good kisser, but it doesn’t feel right to me. I know I love him, but when I look or kiss Austin I dream about kissing the guy in my dream. I stop the kiss early. 

“How about we go to my house and do our homework, then we can watch a movie.”

“Sounds like a date to me.” He said laughing at the end.

“Let’s go then.” I said trying to sound as enthusiastic as him.

When we got to my house Helen stood there waiting at the door for us.

“Cynthia your dad-” she stopped when she noticed Austin Standing next to me looking at her. “Austin what a nice surprise! When did you get back? How’s your dad? Are you here to stay for dinner?-”

“Helen I think Austin needs to have his homework done I can certainly answer those questions later. What did you want to tell me about my dad?”

“Oh yes. He told me to tell you that he went on a business trip and will be back in three days.”

“Okay. Helen can you take our dinner in the pent house, we will be doing our homework and watching a movie there.”

“Of course. Welcome back Austin.”

“To you he is Mr. Dashwood, Helen. She is a maid here therefore she has to respect those superior to her.” My unwanted step mother commented while it was obvious that she just came from her closet fitting millions of outfits and choosing always the one she first tried on. Helen was like my own mother and I’m not going to let her offend my non-biotical mother.

“Hey, Austin is okay with her calling him just by his name. So don’t put your nose where you are not called.” I said too close to losing my temper.

“I am okay with her calling me by my first name I don’t like being treated differently because I’m rich.” He said trying to stop the feud. “And plus Helen is also like my mother.” This is one of the many reasons I loved Austin he wasn’t those rich guys who think that they are better than anyone who isn’t like them.

She turned to me, ignoring Austin completely. “Young lady you will not talk to your mother like that. I will be sure to talk to your father about your behavior. You are acting just like Elena! That vaguer women always acting like a rebel maybe that’s the reason she’s dead because God found out she deserved to die and free your father from her inexcusable behavior.” That comment hit me down in my heart sending my entire body to feel stabbed over and over again. I can’t believe she can be so cruel with people around her. The feeling of her standing in front of me with emotionless eyes lets me know just exactly how far she is willing to go to hurt me. If I don’t get out of here soon I will break down in tears. I will not show her how much pain she is causing me. With one look at Austin and Helen, I ran.