Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I entered my first class. I have Mr. Vander for English 3 honors. Good thing jess has this class with me; I usually have major issues on the first day. Mr. Vander is about in his early twenties, 6 foot 1, golden blonde hair that looks smooth and reminds you of the leaves in autumn. He’s strong and cute, for a teacher at least. He started talking to us about our parents doing donations for the English department as well as for theater. It’s the usual first day of school. My dad, one week before, sent a check for all the different departments in Edgewood.

Okay I might not have told you this, but my dad is the top lawyer in the country. What I have noticed is that my family is the richest around. I hate my dad’s career. He always travels that he barley stays around to see me. I always told my dad I wasn’t really comfortable moving almost every 5-6 months and going to different schools. We agreed that my-step mother would stay with me, but before he leaves I always talk about all the malls and great clothes there, so that gets her pumped up for going with him, which I don’t mind at all. I’m not like my so called family. I’m different I have dark brown hair with golden highlights that look as if they were actually gold. I’m 5’2, with light fair skin. Sometimes my friends tell me I look a little Spanish, but I think I get that from my mom. The only appearance I got from my dad is his extremely dark hazel eyes that when the sun hits them turns so bright that it looks like the color of my highlights. Odd? I know.

Oh, if it wasn’t for Jess I would have day dreamed forever and be late for my next class. For my next class I have Mrs. Zera for acting two. Something else I didn’t tell you about me is that I love being in front of crowds and become a character full of energy. Surprisingly I find Seth here.

“Hey Cindy, what’s up girl?” he asked.

I take a seat next to him. “I think it’s obvious isn’t it.” I said between laughs. It’s hard for me not to laugh because every year Seth, at the first day of school, dresses like the stereotype nerds you only see back in the 50’s. He’s wearing khaki pants that go a little higher over the pants length, he’s wearing glasses that cover his dark blue eyes and make him look like the male version of ugly Betty. He has a baseball cap that covers his reddish-brown hair, and has a collared shirt that is green and very tacky indeed.

“My driver was late today, sorry for missing the surprise.”

“You too?! Okay, am I the only one who actually didn’t know about this?” I didn’t ask to anyone in particular.

“To tell you the truth, yeah.” he said between laughs. I couldn’t even help, but laugh myself.

“Thanks I love the way how you try to make me feel better.”

“You know, Cindy, I love you like if you were my own sister.”

“Yeah. I love you too.” Seth has been there for me since the beginning. When we were in grade school and I had to move because of my father, he never forgotten me when I was back. He’s always calling me his little sister and protecting me as well. I remember when I was going on my first date with Austin. Seth waited outside my door to have a conversation and ended up threaten Austin which I had overheard.

 “If you mess with my little sis or if she comes back hurt at all I will hunt you down and break your little neck into pieces. Is that understood?” Seth said with a calming but firm voice.

“okay. ” is all what Austin said not frighten but surprised that Seth a guy who takes almost everything as a joke and dresses up like a nerd on the first day can be like that. Well in my opinion I think being the offense in the football team made him tough.

“Then have fun.” He said with an attitude change. I hoped that night that my dad wouldn’t be overprotective like Seth, but then he’s never home so whatever right? I mean I’m used to it by now. I don’t care.