Ten

May POV {college}

I'm in the elevator currently.

I'm going do floor 11 which his apartment is at. That's also all I know about where his apartment is located. My foot taps against the floor nervously. The elevator doors open and my eyes meet his.

Harry's eyes roll back and he turns his heel and walks away. I follow behind him.

Fuck he walks fast. Harry also has spider fucking legs and I have tree stumps.

"Stop following me." Harry says. His voice low.

"The other times were a coincidence." I defend.

"And now?"

"I want to talk."

"You talked before." Harry stops walking and glares at me.

"But-"

"May, can you just leave me alone?" He asks. "What else could you possibly want from me?"

"Can I just explain-"

"Explain?" He laughs now. "You want to go in depth on you cheating on me? Spare me the details."

"No. I just need to talk to you about it. About that day."

"I don't want to talk about it. You had a whole year to reach out to me. Don't do it now because you feel guilty." His eyes meet mine. No matter how angry and pissed off he sounds, his eyes say it all. They look sad and defeated.

"That day I was-" Harry cuts me off as I'm about to explain. I try to talk over him but he talks over me. His voice is louder.

"I don't care anymore May." He says loudly making my mouth shut.

"Please, just give me 5 minutes to talk."

"You aren't worth 5 minutes, let alone my time right now." I bite my lip.

I love you

I want to say that so badly. But I don't. I can't see his eyes look sadder.

"Harry, please? I'll be 5 minutes."

"No." His eyes glare into mine. "I do not want to hear your excuses." My throat grows a lump. "Anything else?"

I want to try to talk about what my dumb ass was thinking that day, but he'll walk away.

"Can we be friends?" His eyebrows furrow.

"Friends?"

"Yeah. M-maybe we were supposed to be friends and nothing more." Now his eyes narrow at me like I'm on a different planet. I continue speaking.

"I-I know you hate me Harry. And I'm not trying to come up with things to why you shouldn't, but think about it? Please?" I look to the watch on my wrist. "I have to go go class now, but um next time I see you in the elevator by coincidence I won't ignore you and pretend I don't know you. Just a heads up."

Harry POV {college}

Friends.

The girl I've been hating for the past year wants to be friends?

She must be out of her fucking mind.

I must be out of mine for thinking about it.

May cheated on me, I saw the boy she fucked leave her house. I saw her wear something that I don't even get to see her in.

Being friends with her would mean I'd have to be reminded of that every time I look at her.

Being friends with her would mean that I'd either fall in love with her again and have my heart ran over; or I feel nothing and have a friend.

I'm not sure if I want to test out any of those two options. I shouldn't even give her the time of day. I'm not even remotely curious to hear her "explain".

What is there to explain? She opened her legs for some other guy because she was "lonely", and I saw him leave and her look like she was putting on clothes while walking him to the door.

What makes me sick the most was that I went there in the first place to tell her that I was taking a break from college until she was done with high school. I'd live at my parents house in the mean time. My classes would resume when I come back the following fall.

That was what I went there for and I was excited to tell her that we no longer have to do the distance. I was excited to not disappoint her anymore, because I know that's what I did every time I didn't text her.

I run my hand through my hair tensely and shrug.

I don't know what to do.

A://N

short chapter

comment goal: 30??? :)

tysm for reading

i'm so hype for future chapters ogdiosgjsof

~lauren