Sheriff

Monica couldn't breath. He was much bigger than her, and gave an evil smirk as she gasped for air. Her vision started to blur. She tried to talk, but nothing came out. Her nose had stopped working, and her mouth could not breath. Her feat were no longer on the ground as she started to see black. She could only see for about one second, then it went black. She could then see for a second, then black. It was like her mind was taking pictures of the scene. She kicked and shoved and tried to scream, but nothing happened. People were just staring at her. Doing nothing. She was clearly all alone. Then finally, Katelyn stood up. Monica could see no more, just hear.

     "Stop! What are you doing?! Let her go!"

     She fell to the ground, and just stayed there. She couldn't move, it felt as if she were asleep. She heard the faintest noise.

     "Couldn't you see you were hurting her?!"

     A loud booming thunder-like sound was made.

     "Shut up, stupid girl! Let this be a lesson for all of you, don't mess with me."

     "Who made you the sheriff in town?"

     Monica heard a crack, and a wave of screaming and gasping. Then, she lost all connection to the world around her. All was black, no noise, no vision. Although she could not hear them, sirens whistled as an ambulance swerved around her.

     She heard a pitter patter. Pitter pat. Pitter pat. It relaxed her, and then she felt something. Something on her forehead above her nose. Eyes. She had eyes. Oh yes, yes! It was all coming back to her! She was a human named Monica. Oh, yes, she remembered she hated that name. Where was she though? Light came through her eyelids.

     "She has awoke, doctor."

     "What of course. I was expecting her to. Blood pressure?"

     "Slightly fast, most likely of nerves. She just found herself in a hospital bed. Who wouldn't be shocked."

     "Heart beat?"

     "Slightly fast."

     "Good. Let us wait until we hear the sound of vocal chords."

     The doctor had black hair, and green eyes. He gave a huge smile as soon as Monica looked at him. She could instantly tell he was slightly insane. She tried to speak but only air came out.

     "What?" she tried to say.

     "Hello, Monica. We have much to tell you, but we have a few questions first."

     She didn't know what to do, so she just blinked again.

     "What day is it?"

     She tried to remember, but it seemed like her mind was forced not to think. It was just a black pit of pain. She remembered screaming and yelling, yelling caused by fright.

     "OK, um, lets try another question. What month is it?"

     She felt like she knew this. Was it November? No, no. March? Yes, yes. It was definitely March. She remembered the warm weather that nobody was expecting. She remembered playing with chalk on the sidewalk. She spoke in a hushed voice, the doctor leaned closer to hear her.

     "M- March?"

     He leaned back quickly, a sense of disappointment in his eyes.

     "OK, one last question, what do you remember last?"

     She started to cry, for she didn't know.

     "Monica, get some rest, you will be fine in the morning..."

     "KATELYN!"

      "Doctor," said the nurse, "Her heartbeat is rising quickly!"

      "Calm, Monica," His voice was stern.

     She was going crazy, that was it. Insanity. Absolute insanity. She just realized she had eyes and was a human, and now they wanted her to remember what happened. Like that was going to happen. But what had happened to Katelyn?

     "KATELYN! NO, NO! LET ME GO! WHERE IS KATELYN?!"

     "CALM!"

     "KATELYN!"

      The heart monitor beeped, it was an annoying sound. All was black. This, this blackness, she surely remembered.