Summer Radio

• Dedicated to My best friends

     PART 1:

     Monica was your average girl. She had an A- and B grade average, and she walked to and from school with nothing exciting ever happening. Unlike, anything should happen. This time, the only time of the school year, was walking home from school ever this amazing. It was the last day of school, and the first day of summer vacation. It was two days in one. That alone made things much more exciting for Monica as she slowly walk on the curb of the road to her house.

     She lived in a bigger-than-average house in your usual, summer neighborhood. With neighbors galore, something was always happening. Like I said before, nothing EXCITING happens. The big news was always someone winning a baseball game, or, if the neighborhood was in a really dangerous mood, someone would have lost their cat for the day. Always returning the next day.

     Monica got home, dropped her stuff off, and hurried to her room. She grabbed her radio, took it downstairs, and placed it on the kitchen counter. She turned it on to the hottest station in town, and started to chew some mint gum. The beautiful summer sun flew in from the window, turning everything orange and purple. She heard a knock at the door. As she opened it her neighborhood friends, Katelyn and her little gang of followers, asked if she could play baseball. She spat out her gum and walked with them until they reached the cul-de-sac. There stood a new guy in town. And every single kid in the neighborhood.

     "Ah, so your the one I haven't met yet..."

     "Who are you?"

     "What does it matter. All that matters is that I am new here, and you are now under my control."

     She thought of laughing at the ridiculous comment, but didn't.    

     "You are insane if you think I am gonna..."

     And suddenly Monica found herself pushed up against the brick side of a wall, being choked by the new kid.