Goodnight Sleep Tight

I was right. By the time Lennon, Oak, Simon and Edith are here my eyes are fine. They're a bit red but I'm pretty sure that's only because I'm stoned.

Oak let's out an excited shriek when she sees me and the next thing I know she has knocked me over and is squeezing the life out of me. We laugh and squeeze each other a bit more.

"Where have you been?! We've missed you so much!"

Caiden darts her a look when she asks me where I've been but she ignores him.

"I've missed you guys a lot too." I smile and hug everyone and we all talk for hours about the months that we've been separated.

Nothing fancy has happened. Caiden is still failing math. Oak is still rolling in the cash, babysitting and dealing weed. Lennon is still writing music and has yet another new guitar. Simon is still quiet and broke up with Brooke. I'm sure they'll get back together in no time. I think out of everyone Edith has changed the most. She's cut off her long hair and now rocks a pixie cut. It's black instead of blond and she doesn't wear light eye makeup anymore. I don't know what's happened to her, but I feel it's best to ask Oak instead. I don't want to upset her in front of everyone if there is a reason she's changed. She's not as bubbly or talkative anymore. She's smiled once so far and that was only when we were hugging.

I sitting in Caiden's lap with his jacket over me. It's gotten insanely cold our here. Edith keeps giving me awful looks as if I'm doing or have done something to her. I think she's jealous. I really hope not. I turn around in his lap so that my cheek rests on his shoulder and Edith can't give me looks anymore.

"Can you make sure I'm home by three at the latest? That's when John gets home. I can't leave them alone with him." I ask quietly so only he can hear.

He replies with a quiet "Of course, princess." I can't help but smile.

It's getting really hard to keep my eyes open and I keep yawning and making "cute" sounds according to Caiden.

"Go to sleep. I'll wake you up, okay?" I nod to answer him and close my eyes.

"Can you guys go somewhere else if-" Edith's cut off. Someone either punched her or started kissing her. Caiden and Oak chuckle so I'm assuming Lennon or Simon is kissing her.

"Get a room!" Lennon jokes. I turn my head a bit and sure enough Simon is on top of her. I smile and Caiden softly moves my head to his shoulder again.

"Sleep, love." He tells me and rubs my back softly as I drift to sleep.

I wake up to him gently playing with my hair in his bed. I lay there for a bit and then realize Blossom and Nolan are at home. Alone. What if John hurt them.

"What the fuck was that for?" He asks in a pissed off tone after I slap him.

"You promised you'd take me home. So I could check on them. You said you'd wake me up! I can't believe you Caiden! I trusted you with Nolan and Blossom's safety!" I get up tying my hair into a knot but when I reach the door he speaks.

"They're here. I dropped you off here and picked them up. You don't actually think I'd leave them, do you?," He sounds... hurt. I feel bad about slapping him. About being mad at him. "Come back and lay with me." He says it as if it's a demand. But I don't argue. I Glance at the clock and it's quarter to six so I walk over and cuddle up to him again. I burry my face into his chest. He smells faintly of smoke and cologne. He slides his hand up the back of my shirt holding me closer, tangling his legs with mine as I fall asleep again. I can't believe he's not upset with me after I ditched him and everyone else but at the same time I do.

I wake up again at half past ten but he's not beside me anymore. His shirt is and his pants are on the ground... but he's not there. It takes me a few minutes to get out of his bed because I'm warm and don't want to move. I sit up and observe his room. It's changed a bit.

The walls are still open red brick and the wall across from the bed is all window. There's a few new Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin posters. There's also a new desk in the left corner with a new laptop on it. I guess he made money over the summer. His bed sheets are the same. Blue horizontal stripes. He still has a dresser to the right if the room with a television and a PS3 on top of it. I swear half of my clothes are at his house and half of his are at mine. It's kind of funny. The dog bed it beside it and the beanbag chairs at the foot of the bed.

I stand up and take my shirt off leaving me in a cami. I pull on a pair of his sweats which are always more comfy than mine. I stand in front of the full length mirror that hangs on the back of his door and pull my hair up into a ponytail. It goes down the my bellybutton when it's out. It's straight and black and my skin is always a bit tan because my mum was Indian. My hair clashes with my green eyes. I don't look Indian at all except that I have long dark hair and eyelashes and my tanned coloured skin. Other than that I look white. I'm pretty tall and slim as well, like my mum. I miss her.

I remember when I was younger my dad told me he hated how I looked because I remind him of her too much. It took me a few years to figure out he was talking about my mother. He'd always tell me that my little sister would turn out prettier than I'd ever be. I think it's because he had her with Bailey along with Nolan. They can't remind him of her. I also remember him sometimes calling me Anushri by accident. I really don't think I look like mum except the hair and eyes. I suppose that's enough to drive my dad insane. I used to feel bad about looking like her. I'd always want to cut my hair short or get contacts. Even when I was a little girl. But now? Now I could careless. That's his problem, not mine.

I hear scratching at the door and when I open it Dallas jumps on me and slobbers my face.

"Who's the cutest puppy ever?! Who's so cute? You are! You are Dallas! Oh yes you are! Yes you are!" I say in a high pitched voice while I pet him like crazy. He's such a handsome dog. I absolutely love Dallas. He's a German Shepard but doesn't have his ears cut. They're all floppy and cute. I missed Dallas. I've always treated him like he's my own dog.

After about fifteen minutes with the pup and make my way downstairs with Dall by my side. I can smell pancakes. Caiden always makes breakfast. I walk into the kitchen to find him in only his boxers. I don't mind though, it's not like I haven't seen him like that before.

"Well, well, well, look who's up! How'd you sleep, beautiful?" His voice sounds raspier than usual but it's perfect.

"Alright, thanks. Where's Blossom and Nolan?" I didn't see them in the living room... or any other room now that I think about it.

"They left about fifteen minutes ago. Logan and Nellie called my phone and asked if they were here. I told them yea and they asked to hang with them. I think they went to a movie or something. I gave them thirty bucks." He flips the pancakes and hands me a plate.

"You really didn't ha-"

"I love them like they're my own siblings. Okay?" He smiles, kisses my forehead and sits with me.

"Thanks Caiden. It means a lot." I start to eat my pancakes and he smiles.

"Don't worry about it. They any good?"

I nod and give him a bite. After I swallow I ask, "Aren't you going to have any?" He shakes his head and tells me he already ate.

After I finish we go upstairs to get dressed and take Dall out for a walk.