Seven

They bickered for an hour, it eventually became a very heated and loud argument. Eventually I couldn't take it anymore. "Shut up! Both of you!" I shouted, standing up from my chair. They turned to me. "Look, neither of you are with another wolf, correct?" They both nodded.

"Then why, honestly, why are you distancing yourselves from one another?"

"I don't know..." Sarah said, looking down.

"Me neither." Jay admitted. I sighed.

"Well, take time off and just... bond. You're mates!" I left them standing in silence, at least that was over.

_*_

"So, got a day off tomorrow. What ya wanna do babe?" Blake said, hugging me from behind.

"Can we go to the River Town festival?"

"The one with humans. If you're sure." I nodded. "Okay, pack a swimming suit."

_*_

I looked at the clear water of the river. Blake was already in it. I smiled and went to join him. The water was cold around my waist. Looking around, all the girls had slim bodies. I just had a baby bump, making me a little more excited for the birth of my child. Or children. A woman stood bt Blake, I moved my hair back and heard her. "Your just too cute!" I disallowed a usual growl and speed walked over to Blake. Only I could flirt with him!

"Hey babe. Came to join you." The girl gave me a dirty look. Blake took my hand.

"Great. Love you Kay." He pecked my lips gratefully. The girl walked off, annoyed. "Thanks for the rescue." He smiled. I shrugged.

"Dont forget, my birthday tomorrow. We find out about my pregnancy too."

"How could I forget?" He chuckled. I smiled, I wonder what he got me?

_*_

"Happy birthday, Princess Kayla. You have three cubs. Two male and one female. Congratulations!" The pack doctor smiled.

I looked at Blake, his eyes where filled with pride. My heart was swelling with joy. We left the hospital floor and rounded a corner. "Frost, the last attack failed. I can't have this. I have to declare war."

"Balk, darling. I am mated to someone of high rank. Aswell as you. I will pretend he cheated on me and then, people are sure to deflect." Cooed a chunning, yet familiar voice. Soft and sly. I went to round the corner when Blake stopped me. I knew better than to protest, but, their footsteps headed towards us. We slid into the room nearby. Just as we got further to the window, it the door opened. In panic, I pressed Blake to me, kissing him roughly. "Oh my god! Sorry!" Sarah went bright red in the face. We pulled apart, faking sheepishness and shock.

"No, we are. Sorry we were in your room, Lady muck here, just couldn't keep her hands off

me." Blake excused. I gently pushed my elbow into his side, before leaving. That, was close. Too close.

"Dont you think it was a little... Wierd, how Sarah popped up after, you know?" Blake asked.

"Yes, but it could have been anybody, Blake. All we know is, Sarah Is a suspect, and we need to check everybody, who has a mate of high position, we also need to find that male. Balk."

Blake thought for a moment.

"We need to separate every female from their mate."

Okay, this was going to be tough...