Chapter 1: Where It All Began

Wooh this is dedicated to my very first fan! I love you!! (in the most non-creepy way)

WARNING: this is my first actual attempt at writing a story, ROUGH AROUND ALL EDGES 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Chapter 1: Where it all Began

"You are all gathered in the Advanced Acting program due to your hard work, determination, and lack of callbacks," announced the woman standing in front of the room.

She was a different type of woman if I do say so my self. Not much of a beauty queen, but hey, it's not like we signed up to see a beauty pageant. The only way she can be described, in the least offensive way is:

Animalistic. 

The way she spoke to us, with all the hoarse growls and hisses reminded me of the noise produced by aggressive three year old brats who enjoyed damaging their toys. She's practically endangering her poor lungs; for all we know she could've ended her speech with an asthma attack.

She hacked up a cough and I flinched.

What completed this...person was the beautiful auburn hair that strangled it's way down to her abnormally beefy waist. On the bright side, you could hardly that it was greasy. 

If you squint.

"We all know that every single one of us can, and will make it, into showbiz. And we-," she abruptly paused as one of the clients in the back snickered at the word 'showbiz'.

"Is something funny back there?"

Damn, she practically snarled at the kid. Ah, the way her eye twitched with irritation, it reminded me of my own teachers.

And of course she was answered with the sound of teenage fear.

Figures.

"As I was saying-before I was rudely interrupted-we can all succeed into breaking through the walls of Hollywood. Or Bollywood, which ever you prefer!" she snapped.

While she was barking out her lame attempt to spice up her on-going monologue, I noticed a light pink paper flutter out of a girl's dark, worn-out backpack.

Now, I'm usually not a nosy person, but the witch's babbling changed my whole outlook on life. One can only take so much of a monotonous lecture and enjoy it. Narrowing my eyes at the paper, it seemed as if my apparent life-time goal was to see what that the pink note said.

Slightly sliding down in my seat, I stretched my legs on the tiled floor trying to reach the damn thing. Considering we were arranged on desks classroom row style, it wasn't that difficult to avoid the girl's attention. My foot almost reached it- until the burly woman gasped out my name.

"Mimi!"

What the hell did she want from me? Snapping my head back up to the deep voice, I regained my original position and looked up innocently.

"Yes, mam?" I answered mockingly sweet.

With this, the cramped room filled with hopeful teenagers suddenly exploded with laughter. Furrowing my eyebrows, I looked around the room with a questioning gaze. When I turned back to the lady, I took in how her whole face contorted into a twisted glare.

"Mam?!" she repeated.

Thoroughly confused, I scrutinized her once more. My brain finally processed how her shoulders were unnaturally broad, her chest was significantly flatter than usual women, and her face displayed hints of scruff.