Bat Family x Reader

{Unedited}

Requested by: The_Name_Is_G

Keys;

Y/N = Your Name

* * *

I sighed silently as I stared through the window of the taxi, eyes passing over buildings that went by as I was unable to focus on anything in particular. I was soon drawn away to the picture in my lap of my mother. After the invention of the digital camera, there weren't many images of her, the latest one I could find that was printed was at her graduation day at University. She stood with a wide grin, scholar in hand as the other tossed the cap into the air. My father took the photograph.

I bit my tongue to fight back the tears as I pulled up to the manor, ignoring how intimidating the front gates appeared.

The driver turned to me. "Is this the right place?" He asked.

I nodded. "I hope so." I took a note from my wallet, glancing at the address once more. Once able to confirm as I was in fact in the correct place, I handed the exact amount of cash to the taxi driver. "Thank," I said, shutting the door and watching as the taxi left. As soon as I could no longer see the yellow car, I turned to the front gates, letting out a nervous breath.

Pressing a finger on the buzzer, it was only a moment before a voice came through.

"Hello. How may I help you?"

"Uh," I began nervously, "I'm (Y/N)? I-I'm here to see-"

"(Y/N)?" The voice spoke again, and it was then that I realized it was Alfred. "One moment. Please come through."

As the gates opened, I picked up my suitcase, taking it through the driveway and up to the front door. I was staring at the front garden when the door was opened. Looking back, I smiled at Alfred, who still seemed confused as to why I was there. But he smiled back, ushering me inside hurriedly.

"Why are you here?" He asked worriedly.

My smile fell. "I-I thought you knew." I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "My mother. . . she passed away two weeks ago." I looked back at Alfred, smiling sadly. "I was just dropping by to tell you."

Alfred then engulfed me in a hug. "And you came here all by yourself? Without any warning?"

"I'm fine, grandpa," I said with a small chuckle. In the corner of my eye, I saw a tall figure standing at the side of the room. Pulling away, I greeted him with a smile. "Hello, sir. You must be Mr. Wayne?" 

He chuckled. "And what might your name be?"

"(Y/N)," I said, shaking his hand. "I was just dropping in to tell Alfred 'hello'. I suppose I must now take my leave."

"Where are you staying?" Alfred asked.

"Just a hotel closer to the city."

"Why don't you stay with us during your visit?" Bruce suggested, taking a slight step forward.

"Sir," Alfred began, but I continued for him.

"I wouldn't want to bother you," I said, smiling kindly. 

"Of course you wouldn't," Bruce said. "It's been a long time since you've seen family, hasn't it, Alfred?" Alfred smiled gently at Bruce, before going back to me.