main characters & summary

Milo Locke

Milo Locke

An old soul that is living proof that you can walk through hell and still remain an angel. College-bound, Milo Locke, bloomed dangerously behind mundane pink walls and diamond encrusted knives. She thirsted to experience life outside of an unabridged encyclopedia. She's stuck between who she is, who she wants to be, and who she should become.

Khari Spence

Khari Spence

Broke and lion-hearted, Khari Spence, drips hatred and vengeance. His words are lead bullets aimed to harm anyone who attempts to stop him from stumbling down his path of self-destruction. To escape the false accusations of being a sociopath, Khari escapes to Hawthorne Heights.

     No longer finding the appeal of materialism, Milo Locke attempts to rid the ideologies that she's been forced to believe

No longer finding the appeal of materialism, Milo Locke attempts to rid the ideologies that she's been forced to believe. Khari Spence lives in a city so hateful that he'd rather die than be who he wants. He finds solace in an apartment building with crackling wallpaper and barren pages of a journal. Will their personalities clash or can they be each other's safe haven?

This isn't a stereotypical urban story on Wattpad. Khari won't be affiliated with gangs nor any other crime. He's into poetry and art whereas Milo plays basketball.

DO NOT EXPECT TO READ ABOUT
-drugs and/or drug dealers
-an abusive father
-backstabbing best-friends
- "thots" and/or spiteful ex-girlfriends
-no one will be kidnapped nor raped
-there will be no fights
-no gang violence
-no light skins mixed with everything under the sun

this isn't a jab at urban literature on wattpad, im just writing something that is refreshing for readers who are tired of those themes.

with that being said, enjoy reading Hawthorne!

if you are homophobic do not read this book. if you are racist do not read this book. if you are sexist do not read this book. i do not have the patience to deal with ignorance. ignorant and/or rude comments will be deleted.