Family, Losses, Pain, and Heroes

Kagome opened her eyes and found herself in an unfamiliar room. She was laying in a futon. The last thing she remembered was fighting Zabuza and the hunter-nin ending Zabuza's life. Then the hunter-nin taking Zabuza's body and the mist was cleared. Soon after everything went black.

"Oh good, you're awake." A female voice said. Kagome turned her head to the side and saw a woman with long dark blue hair sitting beside her. She was wringing the water out of the towel over a bowl.

"Who are you?" Kagome asked, gazing at the woman.

"My name is Tsunami." The woman said, smiling at Kagome.

"I'm Kagome." Kagome said with a small smile.

"It's nice to meet you, Kagome-chan." Tsunami said. When Kagome looked at her, she was reminded of both of her mom from Tokyo and her other mom in Konoha. It was weird how she was able to meet another female who reminded of her mom. Then she heard the door to the room opened. Naruto, Kirara, Sasuke, Kakashi, and Sakura walked into the room; relieved that Kagome was finally awake, except Sakura though. Tazuna came in a minute later.

"How are you feeling, Kagome-chan?" Naruto asked as he sat next to the futon. Then Sasuke sat next to Naruto. Sakura sat next to Sasuke. Kakashi sat at the end of the futon.

"Other than having a splitting headache, I'm fine." Kagome said as she pet Kirara who sat in her lap. She didn't expect that the 'eye' would require so much of her energy. She had to make sure not to use it too much.

"Please don't do that again, Kagome-chan. You really scared us there." Naruto said, worried.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to do that, Naruto-kun." Kagome said, scratching the back of her head nervously.

"By the way, what was that pattern we saw in your eyes?" Kakashi asked. Kagome was silent at that moment. She knew that they all saw her eyes during the battle. She remembered when she first received the 'eyes'. Midoriko appeared in her dreams when she was ten years old.

Flashback:

Kagome opened her eyes and saw herself in a training ground. She was wondering how she got here. Then she saw a familiar figure walking towards her.

"Hello, Kagome." Midoriko said when she stopped in front of Kagome.

"Midoriko-sama, what are we doing here?" Kagome asked.

"I came to give you a gift, Kagome." Midoriko said.

"A gift?" Kagome asked, confused.

"A kekkei genkai." Midoriko said.

"A kekkei genkai?" Kagome asked.

"Hai, you'll be the first one to receive this eye technique." Midoriko said.

"Really?" Kagome asked, excited.

"Hai. It's called Mikomegan." Midoriko said.

"Mikomegan?" Kagome asked, her head tilted to the left.

"Eye of the Priestess Technique." Midoriko said.

"What does it do?" Kagome asked.

"It's like the advancement of the Sharingan and the Byakugan combined. You're allowed to use any nature transformation your opponent is using once you sense his aura. You're also able to sense anyone who has a hidden presence. You'll be able to see anyone's true form if they disguise themselves. You advance in strength and speed as well. It protects you from any genjutsu, too." Midoriko said.