Chapter 30

***Damien's P.O.V***

I feel bad for hurting my brother, but I have to get out of here.

***Irene's P.O.V***

"Ow bad cookie." Avery says when cookie snips at his finger.

"Cookies going to bite some since he's a puppy, baby." I say and he huffs, crossing his little arms over his chest.

"Where's daddy?" He asks and I shake my head.

"I don't know. Maybe we should call him." I say picking up my phone. I dial Aiden's number and wait for him to answer.

"Hello?" I ask when he answers.

"Hello beautiful." That voice. The voice that's been haunting my dreams for the past two years.

"You look lovely in the blue dress. It really brings out your eyes." He says and I gulp. I turn around and see him standing in the garden. He's smiling at me. I hang up and grab Avery.

"Mommy I can't forget cookie." Avery says and grabs cookie quickly. I take his free hand and drag him out of the living room. I hear the door slam open and I look back to see Damien chasing us.

"Baby go to grandma and pap." I say and he nods running upstairs. I hide behind a door and try to block out Damien's words.

"I don't like this game Irene. I really don't. Why don't you and Avery come back home with me?" He asks. He sounds like a sweet guy. However he's nothing but trouble. I was too naive to see it when we were friends.

"Well the games about to end, son." I hear a deep voice say and I look up to see Zeus standing at the top of the stairs.

"Father. It's nice to see you again." Damien says and Zeus nods.

"Now tell me boy, why can't you just drop all of this?" Zeus asks his son.

"Because Avery and Irene are my family." He says and Zeus shakes his head.

"She has a family and that family does not include you." He says and Damien scoffs.

"Yes it does." He says growing angrier by the second.

"Then why don't you stay with us and let Irene move on. We all know how much Irene and Aiden love each other. I mean they've loved each other since the were little." Zeus says laughing. Damien's fist clench and his body starts to shake. And that's when I see what's going on. Zeus is testing Damien.

"They do not love each other. She loves me!" He bellows and lighting shoots out from his hand and towards Zeus. Really Damien? going against a person who has stronger powers than you?

"Oh you silly boy. You're forgetting that I have stronger powers then you. I can crush you. An that's what I plan to do." Zeus says and throws a lighting bolt straight at Damien's chest. I gasp as I see the bolt sticking out if him. He drops to his knees and I run over to him.

"Damien." I whisper. He coughs up some blood and looks at me.

"Take care of Avery. And remember that I will and always have loved you." he says and looks away. He doesn't blink and I close his eyes. I don't know I'm crying until I see a tear drop onto his face. I wipe away my tears and choke back a sob.

"You could've just banned him or something. Why-why did you kill your own son?" I ask turning around and letting go of Damien.

"He wasn't right in the head Irene." He says and I laugh.

"You don't think I know that? I lived with that monster for 2 years, and you don't think I know that? that doesn't mean that you can kill your own son! He was my best friend." I say leaning against the wall and crying. Zeus sighs and wraps his arms around me, hugging me like a real father would do.

"The funeral will be soon." He says and let's go of me.

"Wait! What are we going to tell Avery?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"For now we'll just not tell him anything. But when he gets old enough I'll tell him the real story." He says and I nod. I look back over at Damien's dead body and shake my head.