Chapter Eight

I'm already three months pregnant. The time flies quicker than I thought it would. We're already preparing for the baby, but we don't know what we're going to have yet, so we haven't picked any color schemes. 

"Babe?" I asked, laying in bed next to Carson looking at baby magazines.

"Yes, darling?" He replied.

"I was thinking, would you want to know the sex of the baby?" 

"Depends, would you?" I thought for a second about it.

"I think so, that way we can pick out colors for the nursery, and get clothes."

"I think that's a great idea." He said as he leaned over to kiss my forehead.

Carsons POV-

    I still haven't gotten it through my head. I'm going to be a daddy. I guess it won't be real until I hold my little girl or boy in my hands. I mean, I'm happy to be a dad, but scared at the same time. I'm not sure if all of the thoughts I'm having are normal or not, but all I know is I'm driving myself crazy. 

     Avalon and I have stayed home mostly, I've been worried about all kinds of things, and I don't want her to get hurt. I don't want to be over protective, but the thing is, I'm scared. I don't know how to act or what to do. I don't know if I'm ready to be a dad. What if I'm not a good dad?

"Carson?" Avalon looked at me with worry in her eyes.

"Huh?" I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Sweetie, you've been acting strange lately, if everything alright?" I didn't know other people were noticing.

"You've noticed?" 

"Yeah, we all have." She laughed a little.

"It's just..." 

"Oh god, you don't want a divorce, do you?" She looked down.

"No! What?! Why would you think that?! I love you, and I love our baby! I'm just nervous is all. I'll never leave your side. You're the most beautiful, smart, funny, and strong woman I know, and I wouldn't dare to be that much of an idiot. I love you. I'm just afraid I won't be a good daddy is all." I was panicking while saying all of that, because I didn't want my angel to think such terrible thoughts. Although, I know she doesn't believe that I'd leave her, she's just been really emotional.

"I know that, I'm sorry, I don't mean to.."

"Shh," I cooed, "Don't worry about it." 

"I love you." She smiled as she kissed my lips gently.

"I love you, my angel." I rubbed her back, and she laid her head on my shoulder.

Avalons POV-

    I really do have the sweetest man in the world, and I was ashamed to ask such a terrible question. I know we both have so much going on in our heads, and he's being really strong. I love that about him, he's been strong through everything we've been through. How could I even ask such a terrible question after all we've been through? Ugh, hormones.

     I think we need to get away from the house for a while, go on a trip. One last trip before we have someone else to take on a trip with us. We need a little more alone time. We just need to get away for a while. Since he's always surprising me with amazing trips, maybe I'll surprise him. I know exactly where I can take him, too.

     I got up out of bed and headed downstairs, grabbing my cellphone.

"Rachel?" 

"Hey mama, what's up?" She giggled. She's been calling me mama since she found out I was actually pregnant.

"New Zealand."

"Huh?"

"Two plane tickets to New Zealand. Help me find them?"

"But you're pregnant!"

"I'm taking Carson somewhere he's always wanted to go. He's given me more than I could have ever asked for, and I want to do one nice thing for him. One last trip before we have the baby."

"Will you be okay? How long will you stay?"

"We'll be fine. I was thinking a month.."

"I suppose that's alright.."

"Rach, I love you, but I wasn't asking. I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself. Carson's a big boy, he can take care of himself. We'll take care of each other like we have been for the last three years." 

"I know you'll both be fine, it's just, I got a call today.."

"You got a call today?" 

"Can you come over?"

"Yeah, I'll be right over."

     I made my way over to my brother and sister in-law's house, and found Rachel.

"Sit down." She said as I saw her, and I knew something was up.

"I should have called you as soon as it happened. I should have called someone."

"Rachel, you're scaring me, what's going on?" I asked, not expecting what I was going to hear. 

"Here, I recorded the conversation, my phone automatically does."

Rachel: Hello?

Caller: I hear she's pregnant, hahahaha.

Rachel: Who is this?

Caller: Don't worry about that, worry about the baby.

     I heard a dial tone after that, and a chill went down my spine. The laughing, it was so.. evil. Who could it be? What did they want with my baby? I couldn't go through this, not now.

__________________________________________________________________________

*A/N: State testing is over, so I'm back to writing. I've missed you guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Vote and comment. <3 <3 <3*