Professor Gretchen: DADA

*Thump!*

Dumbledore looked up from the paperwork he was filling out and smiled, confused. Gretchen, a former student of his, was sprawled out haphazardly in his fire place. She looked up, and grinned lazily.

"I never did get the hang of that." He looked at her. At twenty-eight, she looked much like the last time she was here. Long black hair, brown eyes, and a long face full of freckles. But now she had a deep sadness within her. No matter what she looked like, Dumbledore could see that she was hurting. He already knew why though, the reason was on the cover of the daily prophet a few weeks ago. Andrew had been a student here too.

Dumbledore blinked, snapping out of his thoughts. Gretchen was looking quizzically at him, her head tilted to the side.

"Are you okay, Dumbledore?" She asked, genuine concern in her eyes. He almost laughed at the fact that she was asking him if he were alright, but instead he smiled and said he was fine.

"Why exactly are you here, Gretchen?" Dumbedore asked, still a little unnerved by her sudden arrival. He had seen her in his office far too much whenever she was a student.

Gretchen smiled sneakily and her eyes got a mischievous glint in them.

"I'm here on business, Dumbledore." She spoke with authority- the way Minerva and Severus spoke when talking to their classes. Dumbledore's curiosity got the better of him and he leaned forward and peered above his glasses.

"Just what do you have in mind?"