Chapter 2

"I CAME IN LIKE A WREEEECKING BALL!!!"

My eyes snapped opened and my reflex kicked in and I karate chopped my mobile phone, smashing it into thousands of pieces, successfully stopping that unholy song from continuing.

That was the reaction I always dreamed having. However in reality, I fell out of the bed. Very ungraceful might I add and stopping the alarm by pressing my finger on the off button of my blueberry. Yes, a blueberry. I couldn't afford wasting money on expensive mobiles. As long as it works, it's good.

I rose up groggily from the cold, hard flood and looked at the analogue clock on my wall.

4:45 a.m

I yawned, dragging myself to the bathroom, stumbling in the way and shutting the door.

5:15 a.m

The bathroom door slammed open and I walked out completely awake and refreshed, ready for a new day. That was until I stubbed my toe against the door frame.

06:00 a.m

I have been working on my thesis for 45 minutes and I must confess: whatever I wrote didn't make any sense to me.

Well, at least I did my homework, I shrugged.

I went in the kitchen and got to work.

07:00 a.m

Everything was ready. I only had to wake the sleeping beauty. I tiptoed to his room and opened the door slowly. His messy dark brown hair was peeking from under his duvet while his soft snores echoed throughout the room. I smirked when I saw the speakers beside his bed. I slowly made my way there and connected the speakers to my mobile phone.

"MY ANACONDA DON'T!
MY ANACONDA DON'T!
MY ANACONDA DON'T WANT ANY UNLESS YOU GOT BUNS HUN!"

"WHAT THE HELL!" Lucas shouted while jumping from his bed, forgetting that he was tangled in his sheets and fell down like a potato on the ground.

I laughed while disconnecting my mobile from the speakers and pulled the curtains of the room, revealing the morning traffic outside. "Good morning Lucas! It's already 07:15 a.m and we have a long day to go," I said while picking up his stray clothes from the floor.

"I hate you," he mumbled while trying to untangle himself from the duvet," Besides I am not going to school for the next six days remember. So I get to sleep in."

"Oh no young man!" I said, frowning," It is already bad for health to wake up after the sun and now you are telling me to let you sleep more. This is not going to happen." I helped him out of his duvet and made his bed. Lucas kept complaining about how unfair morning were, while he tried to sneak up on me to jump in the bed once again.

Finally he gave up and took his towel and made his way to the bathroom. "Wake up before the sun. Tch... What am I? A plant doing photosynthesis?" he grumbled under his breath before slamming the bathroom door shut.

08:00 a.m

"Ok Luke, Big sis is leaving. Now be a good boy, don't watch to much TV or play on you mobile for long. Do some work. Don't open doors to strangers. Visit Mrs. Douglass wherever you get time. She need other company apart from cats. Oh! And be a darling and sort out the letter for me. Most important to trash please. Bye," I ruffled his messy hair in a hurry while Lucas was stuffing his face with the French toasts I made for him and took my satchel and made my way to the university.

The road was already crowded with people, rushing here and here, carrying on with their own life in whatever state may it be. I made my way through the bustling crowd to the bus-stop, trying in vain to avoid colliding with the various strangers we meet throughout our short lives.

Once in the desired destination, I glanced at my watch assuring myself that I wasn't late... yet. My eyes scanned the busy roads while I leaned against the cold plastic walls of the shelter. I dared not go inside the shelter to find a seat for myself while waiting for the bus because to put it bluntly, it's super awkward, especially with most of the occupant stares at you as you walk by. I sighed, averting my eyes to the building in front of me. Wayne enterprise.

One day, this will be my gift to you brother. A whole enterprise for you to lead for whatever tinkering you want to do in your life.

Determination to succeed in providing the best to my brother surged through me as I kept staring at the building, turning the sight of the majestic structure a source of strength to face life.

Try me, Life. I'm ready.

------

The CEO of the company just entered the glass elevator which gave him a clear view of the streets below, however people from outside couldn't see through. Bruce Wayne has seen many thing in his life as himself and as batman, but the bustling streets of Gotham will never stop intriguing him. As the elevator doors closed and the latter started going up, he analysed the crowd below him, pondering and asking himself questions.

Are all they facing their demons, like him? Did they all go through some kind of trauma in some point of their lives? What are they actually thinking right now? Is it about work? Friends? Entertainments? ... Family?

His eyes glazed over slightly, covered with a dark cloud as he went back in time. Back to that forsaken alley. Back to when-

He shook off all the incoming thoughts. He had had enough nightmares plaguing him about that night. He did not wish to think about it during the day too. Now he had a goal. He had a purpose. He had an identity. Before he was just Bruce Wayne, a spoiled child who was hidden from the harshness of the world, but now he is the Batman.

His deep blue eyes abruptly halted on a small human figure, staring up at his building. His eyebrows raised slightly as he analysed the person's stance. It was quite a challenge due to the gradually increasing height but his eyes were trained enough to recognize the figure of a woman. The figure of a fine woman, indeed. A slight smirk adorned his lips. The smirked widened as he deduced the stance of that specific person. Hands bunched up in her faded blue jeans, quite tensed stance, squared shoulders and chin high. The exact stance he had when he decided to make a change but the question was why staring as his enterprise.

Throughout his career, he saw people glancing at his father's achievement with jealousy, envy, admiration or amazement but never with such a determination. Almost like she was ready to fight anything to have an enterprise like his.

How interesting...

Bruce leaned against the elevator walls his scrutinizing eyes never leaving the miniature figure of the woman as the bus came and she disappeared in the mass of the crowd. From the floor he was now it was very difficult to how exactly how she looks like but he was sure that he will see her tomorrow. She did carry a satchel that looked to burst anytime soon. She was also carrying a large file and two books. 

By comparing her height to others around her, dressing style and her fair complexion, a young adult in her twenties, maybe. Her comfortable position by the bus-stop showed that she often came down here and the bus she taking was heading to the south of Gotham where there were no libraries but the university was situated there. She was also dressed to casual to be working in the offices found there.

University student, has a small part-time job, and has an unyielding motivation to achieve something.

He will definitely seeing her up-close tomorrow.