Chapter 1

"It is the third time an incident like this is occurring Miss. O'Neil. I do understand that you both are facing hard times but that doesn't mean that Mr. O'Neil needs to relieve his frustrations here at school. He is becoming more and more violent each passing day," said the Rector in a firm, disapproving tone.

The Rector of Gotham High, Mrs. Stensel, was a thin, bony and old woman. She was one of those typical old women who kept her grey hair in a neat, tight bun and wore glasses, attached to a chain, which were hanging loosely on the bridge of her sharp nose. Her personality complemented her appearance; strict, old mindset and downright boring.

I sighed," My sincere apologies ma'am. I admit that my brother went out of the line today. It shall not occur again. You have my words."

"I hope that this time, you shall actually keep your word Miss. O'Neil. You said the same thing last time and the times before that too and yet no changes. I am afraid if this continues I will have to take drastic measures, including getting the police involved in it," Her aged light blue eyes drilled holes in me as if she actually wanted to take an electric drill and drill something in... someone.

I rubbed my hands against each other under the table nervously. My steel grey eyes wandered towards the corner of the office where my brother was sitting head down, hiding his busted lip. His hair was messed up, shirt filled with creases, arms littered with bruises and his knuckles were covered with blisters. I exhaled tiredly.

I get the feeling this is going to be a long meeting.

---------------------------------

"So... What riled you up like that Lucas?" I said while walking down the busy road of Gotham City, my voice being covered by the constant honking of the cars, other voices, music from radios, you know- the daily main road scene.

He grunted and his steel grey eyes, like mine, glaring at the ground."What did the poor ground ever do to you to be targeted with such a harsh glare? It's the ground who must be the one who does the glaring because... Well, you are walking on it," I said with a slight smirk,"Alright now boy. Spit it out."

Lucas averted his eyes from the cracked, dirty pavement and looked at me. "You are so annoying," he sighed as if he was trying to talk politely to an irritating brat. Ouch. "They were harassing Kassandra," he continued.

My smirk widened. I put a hand behind my ear and leaned towards him,"Who?"

His cheeks flared and he pushed me away. "Kassandra! She'sthe nerd from my history class. No, I don't like her. Yes, I beat up those guys because they were bullying her and No, not because I love her," he shouted.

"Ok! ok! Don't get your boxers in a twist," I raised my hand in defeat," you could have at least given them more bruises and maybe a broken wrist or two. You are being suspended for a week just because of some scratches and a broken nose. I thought I taught you better than that."

"My sincere apologies dearest sister, if I was not able to meet your expectations. But you see, any worse damage might have been resulted in my expulsion," Lucas rolled his eyes, sarcasm dripping so heavily from each and every word he was saying, that I could practically taste its bitter taste.

"Jeez... Sorry for being nosey. But you see, I had to leave my course midway and cancel my work shift for this afternoon because I had a little irritating brat's Rector who called me," I said with a small pout. I hate pouts. But it always seems to work on him.

His eyes softened and he scoffed, looking forward once again. "Stop pouting. You look like an otter trying to imitate a penguin."

Ok... Maybe it didn't work the way I wanted.