Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Waking up to that aggravating clock was a nuisance. I always wished it would ring in another hour’s time, but it never did, and it seemed as if it would target the time where my dream got to the interesting bit. Waking up to a pounding headache is not what I needed either; especially seeing as school started in an hour and a half. I got out of my bed and got on with my normal routine of: having a hot shower, brushing my teeth and then brushing my hair. I put on my school uniform that we had to wear, which consisted of: a navy skirt (mine being pleated), a white shirt with a tie of navy, green and purple stripes, along with a navy blazer. Socks and tights were an option, but had to be blue or black even though no-one followed the rules when it regarded socks. I grabbed my already packed backpack and went downstairs, into the kitchen where the smell of eggs got stronger. My tummy growled demanding, the omelettes I could see mum cooking.

 “Good morning mum,” I said, snatching a piece of toast, from the plate lying on the table, pulling a chair out to sit my bum.

 "Morning Sky, do me a favour and go call for Rosie, she needs to come and eat her food now otherwise she’ll be late,” she told me flustered.

 “Rosie come down,mum's calling you!" I yelled, satisfied when I heard the thud of her banging close her bedroom door as she made her way down.

 “There was no need to yell; blimey I think I need to check my ears out.” She said shaking her head, as she plopped our plates in front of me and Rosie, as she slipped into her seat. I rolled my eyes, mum was always one to over exaggerate.

 “Mmm, omelettes,” Rosie drooled, before tucking in. I watched amused at her childish ways. She was only three years younger than me, she turned twelve two months ago, but boy was she immature.

 I placed my empty dish, in the sink thanking mum, and took paracetamol chugging down a glass of water after it, before leaving the house. I didn’t take the bus, I preferred to walk. School was only four bus stops away, which only took fifteen minutes to walk there.

Cassie, who lived two streets aways, house came into view. She was waiting for me on a short wall and hopped off when she saw me approaching. “Sky!” she shouted, jumping onto me for a hug, I hugged her back patting her on the back, grinning at my best friends enthusiasm. She pulled away, “How have you been, sorry I didn’t get to see you since Saturday when your aunt visited, I missed you.”

 “Cassie, it’s good to see you, so how was Grandma Josephine?” I asked, interested to hear about her stay at her Grandmas. Josephine was ever so kind to me, I had visited her with Cassie, far too many times, and I adored her; she was like a third Grandma to me.

 “Ah, Grandma’s doing great, her back is really sore though, she had a nasty fall the week before.” I grimaced, feeling awfully sorry for her.

 “I sure hope her back gets better.” I said as we continued walking to school. The conversation we had was mainly about the concert she was going to and what she was going to wear to it.Though through most of it, I was zoning out, uninterested in what she was saying.

 “So, did anything interesting, happen with you? She asked raising an eyebrow, while we walked through the school gates. Luckily, I didn’t answer her question, because just then the buzzer went, and unfortunately she was in a different form.

 She held my arm, when I began to walk away. “You’d better fill me in later, or else.” She said, seriously, before hurrying off. I rolled my eyes, it was so typical of her to want to find out about everything, and never let you get away until you did.

 I settled down in form, sitting in my usual spot near the back by myself. I wouldn’t say I wasn't well known, because everyone knew each other in this school, but I would say I was what you call middle or normal ranking when it came to popularity. Last year I had gone out with Milo in the year above, he was our striker, for the school's football team and it had lasted for six months, but it was one hellish relationship, and in the end I was the one to break it off when we saw it wasn't going anywhere. There wasn't the spark that we had felt at the beginning six months before.Other than that, I only had Cassie as a friend she had been my best friend since nursery.