Chapter 5 ~ Killed for Condition

(Y/n) didn't know how else to describe Jasper's face apart from shocked. It wasn't every day that you met a random magic human who seemed to know the deepest parts that you made it certain no one knew about, and yet, for Jasper, this just occurred.

And she wasn't sure of what to do. She was taught to never let an enemy find a weakness and was taught on how to deal with powerful threats, but never, had she been told how defeat an opponent who found a weakness of mentality. She couldn't recall a single gem on Homeworld who had experienced something similar to her, but this wasn't Homeworld anymore and those were times before the Gem War. Now, Jasper didn't know what to do.

So, for once, instead of using muscle, she began to ask questions.

She snapped out of her surprised state as she waited, for once, patiently for (Y/n) to stand up. "What do you mean...human?" she grunted.

"(Y/n), that's my name and you better get used to it." Jasper rolled her eyes.

"I don't have time for this- tell me what you mean!" she yelled, causing (Y/n) to jump.

"I mean... I know what you did...or...at least pieces of it, and I know that this-" (Y/n) raised a hand and pointed to her nose, Jasper's eyes widening in disbelief. "I know what's inside."

Jasper couldn't recall many times when she was silent and this had to be one of the first in a while. But the feeling was very familiar. Like...that time, with the Diamonds.

It had been a while since that event and Jasper could never forgive herself for what had happened. She was silent then too, for the first time in her thousands of years of living. She felt smaller, and less important than she usually did, and it felt strange. But why was she feeling this way NOW? She didn't feel smaller compared to the human, so called "(Y/n)" but she felt that she was important. Had she gained a sudden respect for her? It made sense, she DID respect the diamonds and that was the only link she could make between the two events.

(Y/n) knew bits and pieces apparently, she knew what had been hidden for thousands of years and yet she wanted to help her? She couldn't have been joking, a life and death situation like that, she couldn't possibly have been fibbing when she knew there was no way out.

But nothing was clear, so she continued to ask more questions.

No, more questions lead to stalling and the eventual escape of the girl. Jasper was done hearing about things that shouldn't have been known, she was done. And she decided that she was going to end it then. Jasper looked at the human furiously, probably deciding where she wanted to attack first, but (Y/n) held her stance and dared to look the orange gem in the eye.

"I know." She began slowly, stretching the words out as much as she could. "I know that you don't ACTUALLY want to kill me."

Jasper laughed, "Out of everything you humans say, you tell me that you believe I DON'T want to kill you?" she laughed some more, (Y/n) watching tensely.

"It's true... you're mad, you're letting your better judgment be clouded by your anger." Jasper stopped her maniacal laughter to glare.

"And....what would I be mad about?" she grit her teeth.

"Pink Diamond." (Y/n) answered confidently, feeling the grip around her shirt loosen as Jasper dropped her to the ground with a thud in surprise.

"What."

"I...know that you feel upset, and it's okay-"

"Puny human, so stupid, I'm not upset and I have no care for Pink Diamond." Jasper's expression relaxed slightly, giving somewhat hope for (Y/n) to survive.