Chapter 1

Harry POV

'Where are we actually heading to, Louis?' I ask my best friend. He has been my best friend for years, even before the Earthquake came and messed everything up.

'How am I supposed to know? Everything is destroyed, Everyone is death, Harry. What are we supposed to do?' Louis snaps at me. Since the earthquake came along, Louis has been on the edge for some reason. He had found me lying somewhere and saw that I could still breathe. It took me days, maybe weeks we don't know what time it is, to wake up. Louis was happy I was still alive but after that he quickly turned on the cold behavior. Nothing like the Louis I used to know, but I learned to deal with it.

I keep quiet and don't answer Louis' question and instead I keep following him on the heels. There are a few places that did survive the Earthquake in one of those places we have cracked the door and started to sort of live in it. It feels weird though. We have not a clue what happened, we only know that it has happened. We call it an Earthquake but it could be anything really.

I bump into Louis as he suddenly comes to a stop. He glares at me for a second before motioning me to be silent and go lay down. I do what he says and look down to where Louis is looking. My eyes widen at what I see. It looks like some slaves camp, there are people pushing forward some machine and there are two people standing there yelling what they should do and If they don't do what they say they get hit.

A bit like the movies only worse and real. I don't dare say a thing about it, scared that they will hear us and capture us, making us slaves as well. 

One of the two people standing there suddenly looks up and looks directly into my eyes. As fast as possible I hide deeper in the bushes but I know it's too late, they've either seen me or me and Louis, which would be worse.

'Run.' Louis hisses into my ear and he runs to the opposite direction of where we came from, but I don't question it, I just simply follow him. 

Never have I been in this part of the woods. It's a lot more difficult to find my way here and Louis seems to know exactly where to go, while I don't which makes it hard to keep up. 

Suddenly I don't see him anymore, the only thing I hear is a distant yell of 'Freeze!' and the sound of a gun being load, ready to fire. Instead of freezing I fall to the ground and roll down a hill, which wasn't exactly planned, but I'm happy I did once I see a bullet hitting a tree near by. The bullet made it explode and made pieces of wood are shattering all around me, some even hitting me. 

I get up feeling a sharp pain running through my legs but I force them to listen to me and to run away from that place, from the men holding the guns. Maybe even running away from my own death. 

'You don't think you can escape can you?' A voice calls out and I turn around, which would probably be the stupiest thing to do ever in a situation like this. I look in the same eyes as I looked in a few moments ago, the eyes of the man keeping a look over the sort of slaves, by not knowing what was going on. 'Humans are so stupid, they always make a run for it. I'm happy god thought I was too good to be completely human.' While he speaks he's running around me in a speed which is impossible to posses. It's faster than the vampires run in Twilight, a film which my sister used to watch a lot before the earthquake came around and destroyed everything. 

He shoots and misses, making another three explode. He comes to an immediate halt right in front of me and studies my face. He opens his mouth to say something as suddenly an enormous force hits him and he falls, body limp, in my direction. I notice to late and fall along with him, my head hitting a tree making me lose consciousness. 

Louis POV

A gasp escapes my lips as I see the man fall down on Harry. I look over to Liam who makes a move to jump out of the tree as I stop him. 'What if there are others? If anyone else is out there and catches us than we're doomed.' 

Liam jumps down anyways and looks up angrily, a look that doesn't suit him. 'If you had just told Harry when you found him than we would have less problems now. You're lucky I learned to aim, otherwise Harry wouldn't have been alive right now.' 

Following his lead I jump out of the tree after I looked around to make sure we are alone. 'I get it. I can't change what I did in the past.' I mumble as I walk towards Harry. The male on top of him is definitely death, his eyes are wide open and he looks like he's seen something unnatural. For a second I think I see him try to breath, but I must be imagining things. Liam is already knelt besides Harry's head. 'Is he alright?' I ask him worried and Liam looks up to me nodding once shortly.

'He just has a big cut on the back of his head, should be fine if he doesn't loose anymore blood. I think it's better if we take him back to mine. Niall is their as well, he must be worried as to why I'm so long out here. Than I guess I should also tell him the truth.' Liam confesses and I can't help but roll my eyes with a mocking smirk.

'And you're the one who tells me off for not telling Harry, while your best friend is still not knowing either?' 

Liam ignores me, instead he moves the man carefully of Harry without touching him. He picks up my best friend, who I've known since primary school. He carries him over to a cabin in the west of the woods, one of the only places that isn't destroyed from the Earthquake. 

*Flashback*

'The only safe place is far and far in the woods, Louis. You need to go there.' My mother insists as she pushes me away. The whole kitchen floor is shaking everybody outside is screaming and running away from a for us unknown thing. 

'Come with me then! I'm not going to let you stay here and let you die!' I exclaim as a loud crack sounds and our house is literally split in half, my mother on one side with no way out and I on the other with the door reachable. 'Mom!' I exclaim and she looks up to me tears in her eyes but a soft smile on her lips anyways.

'I knew this was going to happen, Louis. Trust me. Run to the woods, once you can't see the city anymore, you'll be safe. Remember, I'll always love you.' She tells me before the place where she stands is broken into halves and she falls down, I see her fall a long way until I can't see her anymore. 

Without really getting what just happened I full fill her wish and run to the woods, I jump over a large cave of the earth being split in two pieces but I survive. 

*End Flashback*

'Louis, Louis, Louis!' I look up into Liam's brown orbs. My breathing is a little uneven as I take in my surroundings. We're inside of Liam and Niall's house, it's a little cabin in the middle of the woods, no harm has been done here, only the owner hasn't made an appearance yet so Liam and Niall took it they told me.

'Sorry, Flashback.' I mumble not looking up to him. I hear him letting out a sigh before I feel a finger underneath my chin forcing me to look him in his eyes. He reaches forward and captures my lips with his own. I close my eyes, completely focusing on him and on the feeling of his lips against mine. 

Out of all the bad things that happened with the Earthquake, it also got me to meet Liam, who I'm now aloud to call my boyfriend. 

'It's fine, Louis. Glad you're alright.' He says smiling down at me before standing up. I'm sitting on a leather stool in the small sort of living room. 'I brought Harry upstairs, Niall is with him now. I haven't told him yet, but I'll tell him soon. You should also tell Harry once he wakes up.'

I nod slowly, knowing that I can't get out of it again. I'm just scared of what will happen once he knows. I wonder who it's possible that this has happened at all...