Am I allowed to fall in love with him?

Thank you so much sa advice! Sana magustuhan mo. Super lousy ko na gumawa ng story e. :))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know how people push you to enter another relationship after the last one, to spite an ex?

Well…. This isn’t anything like it.

An unaffiliated third-party may think of it as something indecent; but what if fate has other plans for me? For him?

--

I woke up to the sound of knocks and muffled voices, but I was not about to get out of bed and ask the person outside the door what they want. I basked in the comfort of the cool sheets and warmth of the bed.

Wait, ano raw? Warmth of the bed?...

I felt a different kind of warmth; the kind of warmth that would make you feel safe; something like being enveloped to an embrace.

Hmm. Imposible...

My head has been throbbing since I became aware of the knocks; I can’t even think straight. The knocking and all the ruckus just made it all worse. I groaned inwardly. And just when I thought I can’t take it anymore, the door burst open, multiple gasps can be heard, and then…

“Dwayne Aaron!”

“Dessie Cassidy!”

I didn’t need to guess who called my name, my mom, for sure.

Did someone just say Dwayne’s name?

My eyes flew wide open, and slightly raised my head to the door’s direction. Nakadapa kasi ako.

Dwayne’s mom? And behind her is my mom. Both gaping at my direction. Weird.

“Anak ng –“, our fathers said in chorus.

My so-called warm bed stirred. I snapped my head towards it and my eyes went wide. Here lying on my left side, was –

I shrieked which fully made him awake. Then everything just sunk in. Unfamiliar room. Presence of my friend’s parents. The crazy night we shared with our high school friends. I slightly raised myself up from the bed.

Uh oh.

No wonder I was “basking in the comfort of cool sheets”, I was,

For the love of - ,why the hell am I naked?

Shock is evident in Dwayne’s eyes and he immediately wrapped the comforter around me. I didn’t have the guts to even face our parents.

“Pare, Mare, ano.. Sorry. Di namin alam.” Tito Dan started.

Tita Arlene and my mom remained speechless. And I prayed to God that my father keep his cool like he always does. I felt like I lost the ability to breathe, while waiting for my father’s reply.

“Pag-usapan natin ito sa labas.” Daddy said. I didn’t have to look at him to know that he had a stern expression. “Magbihis na kayo.”

And with that, niyakag nila yung mga mommy namin.

S I L E N C E..Literally! The only thing I could hear was ragged breathing and the sound of the air conditioner.

I never felt this ashamed in front of Dwayne. Saktong pagtingin ko, tumingin din siya. Nag-iwasan agad kami ng tingin.

“Des.” “Dwayne.”

“Ano yon, Des?” pinauna niya nalang ako.

“Dwayne, anong nangyari? Sobrang lala ba nung tama ko? Wala akong matandaan.” I’m pretty sure di maipinta mukha ko ngayon.

“Would you be mad if I told you na di ko rin alam ano nangyari?” He looked apologetic, though, how on earth would I get mad at him. I shook my head.

Freakin’ alcohol-fiend friends! You better have an explanation about this.

Sobrang nagkahiyaan pa kami, kaya napatagal bago namin nahanap ang nagkalat na mga damit namin. Kahit na gusto ko bilisan, nangangatog na ako sa takot sa anumang haharapin namin paglabas. We got dressed quietly with our backs turned away from the other. Paglabas namin ng kwarto, sobrang tahimik nung bahay nina Dwayne.

At pagkaupong-pagkaupo namin ni Dwayne sa two-seater sofa sa malawak nilang sala, the words we dreaded to hear just came like the whirlwind and knocked us off breathless.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: okay, so it's been almost 6 years since I last wrote a story. Pasensiya na, sobrang lousy ko na nga, kinakain pa ako ng wattpad. :)) Advices on how to improve myself, comments and suggestions are very much appreciated. Sana nagustuhan niyo. :D