9

I entered the room and everyone stood.
"Princess is there a reason you wanted us?"
"Yes. I need to know what happened the night of the attack. Every detail no matter how gruesome."
They all looked at each other and then at me.
"Why do you need to know?"
"I don't want to say anything in case it's not possible. But I need to know if it is."
They started telling me about that day. It was pretty gruesome but I needed to hear it.
"Then the flash of light happened."
"All your stories have the same flash of light. Was it like magic or sunlight?"
"Definitely magical."
I sat back and said "So...bare with me here but I think the King and queen might still be alive."
There was an uproar of voices and I let my words sink in for them.
"It's been 100 years. If they were still alive I'm sure they would have come back."
"Unless they're not able to come back."
I looked at the wizard and he bowed to me.
"Your highness."
"I hoped to meet under better curumstances."
"As did I. But I know what spell they are refuring to."
"Please do tell us."
"The light was caused by two transportation spells being cast."
"Two? Who cast them?"
"I cast one. I was with the young princess at that time and we weren't able to reach the rest if the royal family on time. I sent her somewhere safe."
"So if one was you, who was the other?"
"Who ever took the others."
I sat there and listened to them talk.
"Is there a way to trace the spell?"
"Maybe. If-."
"If what?"
"It's very painful and dangrous."
"Dangrous?"
"It's almost like time travel except through your mind. I can only do it to someone close to the family. So it would be you. But it's super painful and dangrous. I'm not willing to put your life in danger."
I looked at him and said "But I am. If they're alive...I would like them home."
"But princess-."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
"Very well. You'll need to come to my chambers by nightfall."
"I'll be there."
I dismissed the meeting and went to my office.
      The doors flew open a half hour later and Famith ran in.
"You can't be serious!"
I looked up from my papers and said "Hello Famith. What seems to be your problem?"
"Your...going to attempt to find your family? Do you know how dangrous mind travel is?"
"I have been told Famith. But let's be honest. I'm not ready to take over yet. I'm only 118. I can't run a kingdom alone. The wedding is set two years from now my corranation in six months. I'm not ready. If my parents come back they can​ deal with it."
I stood up and put the papers in a pile.
"Your welcome to come with or you can stay here. But I have to do this."
He looked at me and sighed.
"I'll be by your side no matter what."
I nodded and we left.