Taeyong (NCT)

Part One

"So, you forgot to put my scientific calculator in degrees?" I ask Taeyong.

He nods and works through the rest of the problems.
Taeyong is my best friend. We've known each other for a very long time. I remember growing up with him. He always had a problem with his anger but he never let it get to him when he was around me.
Oh, I almost forgot. He's also my patient.
Yeah. I'm his psychiatrist. He talks to me about his problems and we deal with them together. He seems to have an easier time talking to me than he did when talking to the others.
He is younger than me. I used to babysit him. He's now in college and when he visits the office, he brings homework with him. It's usually math or biology. Just anything that requires serious concentration.
"So do you understand now?" I ask him. He nods again.
He doesn't talk much unless he really wants to tell you something or something is bothering him. It's progress. At first, he was completely mute. His mom claims that I helped him break out of that shell. But I doubt it.
"So what did you do today?" I ask, sitting across from him. He looked up and his eyes met mine. He had doe-like eyes. They were very expressive. I could tell he wanted to tell me something.
"Did something fun happen today?" I try again.
He looked away, his cheekbones taking a small pink tinge to them.
"Did you make a new friend?"
"......yes.." He finally says.
"Really? What was their name?" I lean forward.
"Johnny-hyung."
"So, he's older than you?"
"Yes."
"Is he nice?"
Taeyong smiles and nods. "We went to the movies together and he bought me popcorn."
I smiled back at him. "I am happy to hear that, honey." I grab his hand mine and he looks up. His cheeks blushing again.
"Do you think I could meet him?" I ask.
"No!" Taeyong bursts. I blink, a bit shocked.
"Why not?"
"Because....... Johnny-hyung might try to take you from me.." He says softly.
I chuckle softly and he looks up. He smiles softly, his demeanor changing from serious to a little goofy.
"Okay, Tae Tae. That's okay." I nod to him. "I don't have to meet him if you don't want me to."
"Thank you." He eyes his hand in mine.
"So, we're done for the day if you don't have anything else you would like to talk about. I wouldn't want to keep you...."
"Will you go to the movies with me?" He rushes.
"What?"
"Will you go to the movies with me?" He repeats, slower. He looks up and meets my eyes.
"Sure. That would be nice." I nod.
A exceptionally bright smile over takes his face. I've never seen him smile this hard.
"Saturday at 5:30. I'll pick you up." He says, standing and gathering his things.
"Sounds like a plan."
He smiles back at me before leaving the office.

Later that evening, I arrived home.
"Hi, Baozi." I say to my small cat. He rubs against my legs and I head to the back room. I set down my purse and take off my shoes. But...I feel like someone is watching me.
I look around the room. I may be losing my mind. I shrugged and made my way to the bathroom. I discarded my clothes and made my way to the shower. I bathed for a 15 minutes before hearing something fall in my living room.
"Hello?" I cursed myself. 'Really, like the person would say anything back.....if it was a person..' I thought momentarily. 'Maybe Baozi was knocking things over.' I shrugged.
I finished bathing and turned off the water. I stepped out and wrapped a large bath towel around my body.

I heard a soft beeping. I looked up, confused. "Whats that beeping?" I mutter, glancing around the room. My window was open so I figured maybe it was sound from outside. I moved to my closet and opened the door. I got dressed quickly in the closet, the feeling of someone watching me never dissipating. 

As I walked out of the closet and made my way to the kitchen to make something to eat, I heard my phone ring from somewhere in the house. I rushed to the living room and grabbed it off the counter. When looking at the phone, I read the caller ID. 

Unknown

"H-hello?" I answered, shocked by how shaky my voice was. 

"Oh hello! Is this (Y/N)?" An unfamiliar voice asked. 

"Yes? This is her. May I ask who this is?" The skepticism is strong in my voice.

"HI! Its Johnny. Taeyong's friend." He introduced. 

"Oh.....hi? How did you get my number?" I ask him, sitting on the couch.

"Taeyongie gave it to me." He told me. 

"Okay then." There was an awkward pause. "Might I ask why you called?"

"Heh, oh yeah, right." He adds, like he just remembered why he was calling. "I wanted to ask if you would like to meet tomorrow afternoon. It would be nice to meet one of Taeyong's other friends. You know, so I can get to know him better since I just met him recently. And..he's not very talkative. So I couldn't just ask him. You know?" 

"Yeah, I get it. Well," I think for a moment. "Sure, that sound nice." I agreed, feeling slightly guilty for going against Taeyong's wishes. 

"Great! Maybe we can meet a cafe nearby. I will send you the directions." He told me.

I agreed and we both hung up. I stood and continued what I was doing. 

Later that evening, I got the message from Johnny while I was preparing for bed. He wanted to meet at CoCo's Cafe. Which is only a 15 minute walk from my apartment. I figured maybe he lived close to me. I smile, thinking about meeting another one of Taeyong's friends. Taeyong isn't a very social person so if Johnny became friends with him, he must be special. 

My phone chimed again. I picked up my phone and looked at the message I received. 

Good night, (Y/N)-noona

Taeyong-ah, 9:46 pm, READ

I smiled and texted him back. 

Good night, Taeyong-ah. Make sure to get some rest. Good luck on your test tomorrow.

Me, 9:51 pm, READ

I smiled softly, seeing that he read the message almost immediately. I placed the phone down on my night stand as I sat on my bed. I pulled the blankets over my legs and laid down, pulling the blanket tightly around me. I closed my eyes before glancing at the clock. I drifted to sleep slowly.

UNKNOWN POV:

I watched as she drifted to sleep. A smile spread across my face as I saw her breathing even out. She was fast asleep. 

She looked so beautiful while asleep. I could never put my finger on why. All I knew was: 

One day, she will be mine.