home

Silence.

That's all that's around me. I feel suffocated by absolutely nothing and yet I would stay here for another three hours instead of going back to the pack house. All I hear are the quiet whimpers of my wolf and my heart slowly tearing inside of me.

I'm currently in a fetal position, curled up in my wolf form with my snout touching my tail. My mosaic fur was once beautiful and vibrant, but due to the tossing and turning in the mud that I've done, it's now clumpy, dirty and slightly matted in some parts.

I decided on sopping by a creek of some sort. I ran for about 45 minutes, making sure I stayed on pack ground and found a quiet spot. The blue-green creek shimmers in the light that peeks through the forest. Trees surround the small area, covered with beautiful evergreen leaves and light brown trunks. If I wasn't experiencing such pain, I would actually admire this area much more.

The betrayal that I feel is slowly consuming me and my mind is swirling everywhere. Why would he do this? I thought we were doing well, I was happy! I thought that we had a future as mates. Did I do something? Was I not enough for him? Did he want more from me sexually and I wasn't satisfying him? 

Thoughts swarm my mind and soon I get a headache as my vision clouds. I whimper even louder from the pain in my chest. My wolf is shrinking further into the ground and she begins howling in heartbreak. 

About what I assume was half an hour, my body cramps up and my wolf stands up, stretching her hind legs and torso. She sighs at the feeling of standing up and feels weak as she put pressure on her paws again. I slowly make my way through the forest, going at a decent pace, in no rush to face Logan but I am extremely hungry and weak. 

An hour later of walking and jogging in wolf form, I arrive at the house. I stand outside, anxiously staring at the stairs and door that I will soon have to walk through. My wolf paws at the grass defiantly as she refuses to see her mate. I try forcing my paws to move but she prohibits me. I sigh as I can't blame her. I don't want to enter the house anymore that she does but I'm starting to feel weak from my hunger. 

I eventually decide on shifting back into my human form and I shiver as the cold air hits my naked body. I thank the Moon Goddess that I got a full body wax just days before I met Logan and my body is still silky smooth. I hesitantly walk up to the large door and push it open. I peek through and see Logan pacing back and forth by the kitchen, grabbing onto his hair while he pulls it.

My body yearns for the touch of its other half and I sigh as I smell his intoxicating scent. My mind goes fuzzy for a moment but I contain myself. I'm assuming that Logan smelled me or sensed my presence because a moment later his head snaps to mine and I make eye contact with him. I suck in a breath of air as his eyes wander over my body, completely exposed to him. 

I shiver as I see his eyes darken and his eyes pierce my emotionless stare. Relief floods his eyes as he realizes that I'm home but I shrug. 

"Where were-" Before he can finish his sentence I ignore him and go up to his room where my closet is. Suddenly not hungry anymore, I throw on some spandex shorts and a T-shirt from my brother. Quickly grabbing my backpack, I harshly throw some shorts in there, a sweater, my phone and my face essentials. Suddenly my body feels weak as I realize that my mate and a she-wolf were having sexual activities together on this very bed. 

I rip my bag from the bed and literally dust the bottom of it, feeling disgusted and sick to my stomach. As I throw on a pair of socks, I feel tears drip down my face and I look to the ground. 

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" I jump at the deep growl that emanates from Logan and I shiver at his tone. Wiping some tears from my face I turn around to face him with a cold look on my face. After a moment of not responding to him, I swallow a harsh lump in my throat and breathe deeply.