Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Connor's POV

"Connor." I heard my sister say my name after two years without seeing her. She definitely looks more like our mom everyday. Her dark hair is down in curls is just what our mother's hair looked like, and the only thing she inherited from our father were those black iris of hers.

By the way those eyes kept turning to an even darker shade of black, I knew there was going to be some yelling aiming at me. I grabbed her arm and dragged her away from the house as much as I could. Knowing I didn't have much time, I decided to get over this so I can finally see my wife and son. God, I missed them. But first I needed to talk to Marla to convince Scarlett to take me back and forgive me. "How are you, Marla?"

Apparently she was so lost in her thoughts before that her whole shock expression changed to of anger. I knew I needed to get past this phase with Marla in order to win Scarlett back. " 'how are you Marla!' Is that the first fucking thing you decided to say to your sister after faking your death?!" Marla angrily said.

I took a step back with my hands up, in front of me as a sign of surrender. "Marla, let me explain. Please."

"What! You really think you deserve to be heard, when you are the one who abandoned your family! You're the one who left! Why should I fucking listen to you! Oh, god!" She placed a hand in her chest as of she'd have a heart attack. "How-" she continued, "How could you do this to us?!" She was crying by this point.

"Marla, I didn't mean to. Please, listen to me. I'll explain everything when the time is right, but right now I need your help to see them, I can't just barge in." I said with pleading eyes.

If my sister was mad before, I can definitely say she was furious now. "How dare you come here and ask that to me!" She cleaned her running nose with the back of her hand. "Do you think I'm going to help you reunite with Scarlett and Noah? Well, you're wrong big brother, I am not going to help your ass out of this."

I knew I wasn't going to welcomed with open arms, but I at least expected for my sister to miss me. "Do you even know what you're blaming me for?" I was getting pissed off. I wasn't here to tell her anything. I did what I did to keep my family safe. I understood that they wouldn't comprehend at first but if faking my own death was the only way to go without evolving my family, then so be it.

She frowned and replied, "Then tell me! Tell me your excuse for leaving your five year old son! A son who has done nothing but feel bad when all the kids of his age had their father and he didn't. Tell me!" It hurt to listen the reality my son missed his dad badly. It was my fault.

It was not the time to tell Marla all details behind my departure, but I needed to see Scarlett. After hearing the man I hired to look out for my family, Ryder, mention that a man was seen outside of the house talking to Scarlett, I lost it. I asked permission to leave and check on my family, to see for myself that my wife wasn't trying to move on. No one was going to replace my place as husband and father, I will kill anyone that tries. "Marla, I can't. Just trust me. I didn't leave for selfishness, I left to protect you and keep you all safe."

Confusion made its way to her face, "Protect us? Protect us from who? Do you really think I'm going to believe any bullshit that comes out your mouth after what you've done?!"

Her anger was subsidizing, I took the chance of asking her, "I'll leave right now, but only if you let me see them." I stopped and let her register my words. "Marla, please. I need to see them." At this point I was begging.

Marla closed her eyes strongly inhaling, and I immediately knew the answer to my petition when she exhaled in defeat, "Fine. You have ten minutes. Do. Not. Wake. Them. Up. Do you understand?"