Chapter One: First day at a new school

(Minah’s P.O.V)

I sighed and slightly pushed my glasses up the bridge of my nose. This was my first day as a sophomore studeny at a new school, Neul Paran High. My father was given a promotion at the company he was working for in Florida, so he had to drag all of us back to Korea. Honestly, I don’t want to transfer from Florida to Seoul. I know that transferring into a new high school would be a pain in the ass since other people my age, especially girls, see me as a nerd or a geek. And they don't have trouble in letting me know that.

In my previous school, I've already been a victim of bullying and harsh case of abuse, physically and mentally. And knowing how bad it can be for people like myself, I'm not hoping things would change here in Korea. I mean, some humans can be really cruel to things that they are wary of, after all.

But, despite having complaints about the sudden move, my brother and I just gave in to our parents' pleads. It would be sad to be separated from them after all. And it has been years since we left Korea that it would be a nice time to go back with the whole family.

“Ouch!”

Being too caught up with my own thoughts I didn’t see the three girls standing in front of me. It was too late for me to realize that I accidentally bumped into one of them.

“I’m sorry!” I apologized as quickly as I could.

 The girl I bumped into was tall, slender and she looks pretty. The other girl who was with her looks pretty too but she seems a bit cold, just like her long blonde hair. The last one was also pretty, but not like the other two.

I saw the tall girl glare at me.

“Look where you are going, geek!” She flipped her hair dramatically as she was about to walk away from me. But then she stopped and looked back again. “Oh, wait. You’re new here, right?”

I nodded my head as I clutched my bag. The same feeling of dread that I used to feel back at my old school washed over me because of the look on the girl's face.

She laughed. “That’s why you don’t know us. We'll introduce ourselves, so next time you won’t dare bump into any of us.” The girl flipped her long hair again. “I’m Park Gyuri, the most beautiful girl here in Neul Paran.”

“Jung Jessica” The blonde girl said coldly. “Don’t ever talk to me. Honestly, I don’t like talking to ugly people like you.”

“Hwang Tiffany, The girl who is much brighter than gems. Don’t you ever dare cross our kingkas paths.” The girl with the short hair also glared at me sharply.

“Now, don’t you cross our paths. you geek!” The three of them laughed at me and then walked away.

I sighed. I already know that this kind of thing would happen to me again. It's just really the same thing, no matter where I go. A lot of judgemental and fickle people really loiter this world after all.I just have to try to ignore them again.

After collecting myself, I continue to proceed through the long hallway of the school. Neul Paran High is known for its beautiful and clean surroundings of it. They have four buildings divided by year level, an enormous covered gymnasium, a flower garden, a little park where students can hang out, and many more other top of the line facilities. No wonder rich people enroll here. It's one of the most famous school in Seoul after all.

While making my way to the administration office, I spotted a guy who was picking up books that I think he dropped. Without much thought, I quickly went to him and helped him pick up the scattered books. I managed to pick up three big books that were lying on the floor and stood up just to see him staring at me. And damn, was he gorgeous!