Chapter 17

"Maxton." It wasn't a question. I knew it was him. Who else could it be? 

"Actually no. It's me." Bobbie walked out from the shadows, almost timidly.

"Bobbie, go away." She shook her head.

"No. I want to come with you." I scoffed and shook my head.

"That will never happen, now leave, before I kill you." She scoffed at that.

"I'm not going anywhere. I want to be like you, a mercenary." I laughed at that.

"Nah, you don't have the loyalty to be one." She smiled at me.

"Mercenary's are not loyal...you and I both know that." I sucked in a deep breath and looked at the others.

"I guess you're right, but even then, we still don't want you." SHe rolled her eyes.

"Well, it really wasn't a question, it was a demand." I laughed and without thinking I threw a knife at her throat.

I hit my target and she dropped to the ground. I looked around at everyone to see a bunch of shocked faces. I saw Maxton looking at me with a distanced look, like he didn't know me anymore, which in a way was true.

"Go away, Maxton or I'll do the same to you. I'm honestly not in the mood to deal with anyone tonight. You are acting like a complete fool, just go away!" I was getting really upset.

"Dela, calm down." Alex put his hand on my shoulder. "You wouldn't want to hurt him." I turned my head to look at Alex and saw the look in his eyes and nodded my head.

"You're right." I turned back to Maxton. "Please go away..." Maxton nodded his head and walked away. I looked back at Bobbie's face and then walked away with everyone following me.

*******************************************

5 years later...

"Alex!!! Stop it!" He continued to attack my face with kisses...

"Never! You're mine, and mine only!" I giggled and pushed him away...he smiled at me and I smiled back at him. We have been together for about 4 1/2 years, but I still haven't been able to say 'I love you' to him. I don't know why, but every time I think I want to say it my throat just closes up and I can't say it. He says it all the time, and acts like it doesn't hurt that I don't say it back, but I know better than to believe that. I know it hurts him, it hurts me too. I think I can't say it, because of what I've been through in my life, but who knows?

I looked deep in his eyes and smiled even wider, if that was possible. "I'm yours, and I always will be until the day I die, and maybe even after that..."

"Okay! As much as I think you guys belong with each other, enough with all the mushy, gushy stuff...we need to move on to the next town, come on!" Jed always knows how to ruin a moment. I looked around me at all the smiling faces of the people I have come to care about and smiled. Alice with her fiery, red personality. Jed with his smart, but funny sarcasm. James with his irritating love for us. They were all important people to me, people who wouldn't give up on me even if it would be easier for them, people who loved me, people who I loved.

And to think, it all started with me getting shot with an arrow in the shoulder...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Okay, so the book is officially finished!!! I hope you all enjoyed the book, feel free to comment!!!

~EM~ XOXO