02

"You know I thought best friends were supposed to have each others back, not rat them out." I looked over at Liam as he rinsed off his arm that had some cuts on it.

"I didn't rat you out."

"Yes you did. My mom asked you if we went into the woods and you said yes."

"Did you want me to lie?" Liam said as a smirk came across his face.

"Yes actually I did." I said sitting on the end of the bathtube, wiping off my leg with a cloth rag.

"Well I wasn't going to lie to your mom. She knew we were in the woods again."

I looked over at Liam then back at my leg.

I didn't say anything as I washed my legs off.

"Lex?"

I lifted my head, looking towards his direction.

"I don't think we should go in the woods anymore."

He's got to be joking. I thought to my self as I went to open my mouth to talk but Liam started to talk again.

"Your mom is right what if we get hurt or taken and we always get los-"

"Are you kidding me?" I said cutting him off.

I stood up from sitting down on the bathtub.

"Liam don't you ever wonder what's out there?"

"Vampires. Vampires are what's out there."

Both of are eyes locked on eachother.

"I don't care about vampires. They don't control us!" I said as my voice got a little louder at the end.

There was a pause of silence between us for a couple minutes.

"Your absolutely crazy." Liam said before making  his way to the door.

"Wait Liam." I quickly pushed past him, blocking the door.

"Just think about it Liam."

"Think about what?" He said looking down at me.

"About what's out there, past the woods."

"There's nothing out there but vampires, that's all."

"We don't know that." I looked up at him, but he wasn't looking at me.

"We go out in those woods to explore, to see what's out there. To see the truth."

"Truth about what?" He snapped back, looking down at me.

"What if there's more surivers?"

"Oh my god." He said as he ran his hand thro his hair and took a couple step backs.

"Honestly what if there's more of us."

"What if we teamed up with the other surivers and went against the vampires?" I said walking towards Liam.

"What if-"

"No! No what if' s. Lexi there are no more surivers out there and if there was don't you think we would of known by now. Alright now I'm done going into the woods with you, we don't have guns with us, what if something happened?"

I honestly didn't know what to say. I know there is more out there tho.

"I get it." I said causing Liam to look over at me.

"Your scared."

He stood there shocked at what I said.

"I'm not afraid of doing something people totally disagree with." I said then grabbed my shoes from next to the sink and made my way over to the door.

"Lexi wait." Liam said pulling back my arm.

"No. I understand what you said. No need to say it again." His Brown eyes stared into mine untill I pulled my arm away from him, walking out the bathroom.