Better Than Okay (boyxboy)

A/N Okay, so this is my first attempt at writting anything here so sorry for any mistakes. I have to say it turned out a lot different than what I had in mind. Oh, and I had to upload from my phone, so I'm not sure how it'll turn out.

"Are you ready to go see Peter?"

Peter, who was in the hospital. God, I don't know what I would do if I had lost him. I almost had.

"I don't think he'll want to see me mom."

"Nonesense, he loves you!"

I blushed deeply. Could it be true? It made me think about the last time I saw him, and the accident that caused him to be in the hospital.

*FLASHBACK*

It was Saturday and we had spent the morning like we usually spend our Saturdays, fishing. At the moment we were taking a break to eat. He was currently snacking on a banana. I didn't understand why he liked his bananas so much, but whatever it was just one of the many things that made him different. Something about watching him eat that banana had me mesmerized. He looked so sexy. Wait, sexy? No, I can't think like that.

"Elijah, what's wrong?" Peter was looking at me funny.

It was then that I realized I was actually staring. Oh shit, what would he think? Look away, look away..... Wait, is he wearing.. Glitter? I lean in closer to him to get a better look. Yeah that's why, just to see.

"E-Elijah, wh-what are you doing?"

I reach out and touch the glitter on his cheek. He sighed at my touch, and that did it. I don't know how it happened, or what I was thinking, but next thing I know I'm kissing him.

He's kissing me back! The shock of it startles me. I pull away. The shock and fear I feel is mirrored in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what happened, why I did that. I'm not, I dont...." I stumble over my words.

His eyes are glistening with unshed tears. I can't stand to look at him, so I take off running to my car.

"Elijah, wait!" Next I know I hear tires squealing and Peter screaming in agony. I turn around and fall to the ground, wanting to vomit. Peter's lying on the ground in a tangled mass of blood, flesh, and bones. Oh God, what if he's dead?

*FLASHBACK OVER*

I snap out of my thoughts and look at my mom. "Mom! You can't go around saying things like that! Besides, after what happened, I doubt he can stand the sight of me."

"Oh honey, I believe everything will be fine. Now, let's go see your man!"

The ride to the hospital was quiet, I was too worried about what he'd look like and what he would say. What if he hated me?

"Go on, go in and see him. Remember, everything will be okay hun." My mom soothed when we got there.

I walk into the room and start crying then and there at the sight of him.

"Oh Peter! I'm so sorry! I was afraid you would die; I don't know what I'd do without you! I love you so much..." I just keep on rambling.

Peter looked at me with wide eyes. "Elijah, take a deep breath and calm down. I'm right here and as you can plainly see, I am very much alive."

I tried my best to calm down like he said.

"Okay, good. Now repeat what you just said. Slowly"

"I'm sorry..." He shook his head and made a motion for me to continue. "I don't know what I'd do without you. I..." Oh. My eyes widen and I swallow nervously, "I love you" I stated.

He sighed, "You don't know how long I've wanted to hear you say that."

"Bu-but, I thought you'd hate me."

He shook his head and smiled, "I could never hate you. Now shut up, come over here and kiss me."

I did as he said, and you know what? My mom was right, everything was okay. It was better than okay.