Chapter 21

I feel myself being yanked back. My back collides with a hard surface that I came to realize was Grey. His face holds pure anger as well as his fathers. The sister looks horrified, the mother shocked. I feel my back muscles tighten even more when his stomach moves. I take a deep breath and then speak,

"Yes?" I say in a calm monotone.

"Don't give me that shit!" I hear Grey shout as he spins around so he can look me in the eyes.

"Look at what you did to you dress!" He screams, his face a now bright red. Before I can comprehend what's happening I feel the back of his hand landing on my left cheek, sending me flying to the floor. My trembling fingers rub across the heated skin, as they make contact it sends a burning sensation through my body. I let my eyes slowly travel their way up his body. They stop as soon as I meet his eyes. They hold regret for a small second until his dad claps they then go back to a glare.

"Son, what are you going to do about this mess?" he asks, I thought he was talking about the dress until he gestured to me.

"I am thinking father." He says making eye contact with him for a second before looking back at me.

I swallow the lump in my throat and try to take a steady breath. I look wearily at the door and think about running. I look back at Grey and his father then over to his sister and mother. The mothers eyes looked guilty. I give her a pleading look to distract them for at least a second.

She takes the hint and looks over at her husband and son, who are both moving closer to me.

"Honey, may I speak to her first?" She asks her voice trembling a little.

The father looks at her funny and lifts a brow, "Why?" He questions.

"I'll tell her what she did wrong and how to be a good wife, like l-little helpful tips." She stutters.

"That sounds excellent!" Grey exclaims looking pleased.

The mother grabs my wrist and pulls me into the bathroom, to 'talk.' As soon as we enter she pushes me towards the window.

"You have a minute before I tell them, got it?" She asks quickly. I nod and rush to the window slowly crawling my way out. Once I shimmy out the small space I land on my feet in the grass. I look up the window for a quick second and then begin running as fast as I can away from that hell house. After about a minute and a half I hear shouting and fasten my pace.