fifteen

"Five on three for two minutes and here we go!"

The Ducks and The Warriors were now drawing 1-1. The Ducks needed to win.

Goldberg fell, leaving the net open. Hailee's eyes widened as a Warrior took his shot, but Adam jumped in front of the net, and blocking it with his chest.

Everyone cheered and Goldberg cleared the puck.

"Conway and Riley, the two captains, are one-on-one!"

Hailee watched as Charlie skated just in front of Riley. Charlie had the puck and as Riley charged at him, he ducked. Riley flew over his back and landed on the ice.

"That's what I'm talking about!" Coach Orion clapped.
Charlie skated towards the net with ten seconds left.

Hailee watched as Charlie dodged the Warriors, and Goldberg followed close behind.

Hailee's eyes widened as Charlie surprisingly passed the puck back to Goldberg with only three seconds left of the game.

Goldberg looked around in panic.
"Shoot, Goldberg!" The Ducks shouted. "Shoot!"

Goldberg hit the puck as fast as he could just as two Warriors charged at him.

The puck was in the net and the buzzer went off. The game was over.

Hailee jumped up and threw her helmet off. "Yes!" She screamed.
Everyone cheered as Goldberg threw his hands up in the air.

Hailee was the first to jump over the bench, followed by the rest of her team. Dean and Ken soon joined them.

"I knew you could do it!" Charlie grinned.
Goldberg shook his head. "Don't ever do that to me again." He said, still in shock.

Hailee laughed as she joined them. "You scored! We win!"
Adam came up behind her and held out his arms.

He hugged, Hailee, Charlie and Goldberg. The team soon followed and they all hugged each-other.

The team soon pulled away and hugged one another separately.
Once Hailee reached Adam, she pulled him into a tight hug. "You played great, and that was one hell of a save."

Adam pulled away and smiled. "Thanks, Hailee."
"Have you seen Luis? I can't find him, I wanted to tell him-"
"You still love him?" Adam finished.

Hailee sighed. "I pretty much already have. I just want to talk to him."
Just then, Averman came up and patted them both on the back before chatting to Adam.

Adam gave Hailee a reassuring nod. "It'll be fine."

Hailee skated away from her two friends and looked around the rink for Luis.

Her heart almost stopped when she saw him leaned against the wall, talking to the blonde cheerleader.

But she furrowed her eyebrows when she realised Luis didn't have a flirty look on his face, but a sorry one.

"What's wrong?" The blonde asked.
Luis sighed and saw Hailee watching from over her shoulder.
The cheerleader turned around saw her. She turned back to Luis. "You still like her, don't you?"

Luis exhaled and nodded. "I'm sorry. I didn't know what I was doing and-"
"It's fine." She said, just as Riley skated over to them. "I get it."
Riley glared at Luis, and he innocently raised his hands. "She's all yours, jerk."

Hailee watched as Luis skated away from Riley and cheerleader, and up to her.

After a while, Hailee spoke up. "What did you say?"
"I turned her down." Luis replied.
A small smiled appeared on Hailee's face. "Can I ask why?"

"What I did was stupid and I'm sorry. I really love you, Hailee." Luis said.
Hailee's eyes lit up and she pulled him into a warm hug.
"I love you, too." She whispered into his ear.

Luis pulled away after a few seconds and pressed his lips against hers.
Hailee smiled through the kiss.

It didn't last for long, however, because Guy and Connie and skated up to them and whistled.
"Look at what we have here!" Connie smirked.

Hailee and Luis pulled away. Hailee laughed and playfully hit Connie.
"Why don't you go and kiss your own girlfriend instead of watching us, Germaine." Luis said.
Guy chuckled and innocently raised his hands.

Connie giggled before skating away, followed by Guy.

Hailee and Luis watched them skate off, before turning back to each-other.
Their eyes stayed locked for about ten seconds before they passionately kissed each-other again.

With their arms wrapped around each-other, neither of them had never felt more safe.

***

sooo that's the end of the book! I hope you all liked it!

If anyone's interested in Adam, I'm writing an Adam social media story :))

again, I hope you all liked this book and thank you for reading it!

- olivia x