Attempted Escape

Few days have past and we're finally on our big mission to freedom. We camped out and waited for the right moment. Slade and I watched Oliver rub two sticks together, attempting to create a fire. He would glance at us occasionally signaling for help.

"Let me try." Oliver willingly gave me the sticks. "I watched a lot of movies. I know how to do this." I smirked and grabbed the sticks with much confidence. I rubbed the sticks together at a faster pace than Oliver did, creating more friction. I furrowed my brows in confusion and looked at the two men who stared at me with smiles creeping up on their faces. I looked back down at the sticks in my hand and began to rub them against one another. I stuck my tongue out and added more pressure to the sticks. My eyes lit up as I saw sparks ignite from the pieces of wood that I had in my hands. Unfortunately, my smile soon disappeared as the flames soon blew out. I dropped the sticks to the ground. "I got nothing." Amused, Slade took out a lighter from his pocket and lit the sticks on fire. Embarrassed, I changed the subject.

"Let's go over our plan again to make sure nothing goes wrong. I need a full understanding of everything."

"The supply plane is landing tonight to bring in items for the commander, Edward Fyers, and his soldiers. In order to escape, we need to get into this plane. There are about ten of Fyers' armed soldiers scattered around the perimeter. My problem is the guy inside the Portable Air Traffic Control Tower. If this tower guard sees anything wrong, he'll radio Fyers and our whole plan is cancelled. I can get the ten armed soldiers however, I can't get the man inside the the tower with my sniper rifle because the glass is bulletproof. It'll be up to both of you to take him out. Close and personal." Slade glanced at both Oliver and I. "There is only one supply plane every three months. If we don't leave now, we die soon afterwards."
_
"It's time."

We ran to the airstrip and hid behind a vehicle. Slade pointed to a tower in the corner of the perimeter. "You two go up those stairs and attack. Don't let him call in the radio." Slade said in a demanding tone.

"What about the others?" Oliver asked.
"You worry about your one. I'll worry about my ten." Oliver and I nodded our heads. "Here." Slade pulled out one of his long blades and trusted Oliver with it. Slade carefully ran behind a bush with his sniper. Oliver nudged his head and crouch ran to hide behind barrels of oil. I followed after him and watched Slade kill off soldiers, one by one with his rifle. In a blink of an eye, there were four soldiers laying lifelessly on the ground. Oliver and I waited until the area was clear and sneakily ran to the bottom of the tower stairs.

Oliver turned to me "Stay here."

"What?"

"I don't want you to get hurt. Just stay here." I shook my head

"Oliver, I can't just leave you. Both of us have had our fair share of training but, we're still not ready to take on these guys alone."

"There is a high chance of that guy having a weapon. If we both enter, he can easily grab you and use you as leverage." I stared at him in disbelief. "How about this, stay here. Count to thirty. If i'm not back by then, you can go up."

"Alright." I huffed. Oliver nodded his head and we directed our attention to the noise coming from the stairs. Oliver places his index finger between his lips and walks us both behind the stairs, out of sight. We stared intently at the soldier coming down the stairs. Halfway from coming down, he gets hit by something. He goes toppling down the stairs where another guard rushes to his side. I look over to the direction where Slade is hiding. I hear the other soldier hit the ground and see that he was struck by a bullet. Oliver looks over to me and mouths "count to thirty" I nod my head and see Oliver quickly run up the stairs. He crouched down infront of the door and peeks through the little window. He looks over to me and turns the door knob slowly.