Training

"Rise and shine" I groaned as my beauty sleep was wrecked by a deep accent. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I watched as the man with black hair woke up the other guy up. "We got a long day ahead of us. I need to see if your worthy enough to help me get off this island." What?  I rolled my eyes and hoped he didn't see. "Follow me" The two men exited the aircraft and I followed, fearing of what would happen if I didn't. I walked next to the man with light brown hair while following behind the guy with black hair.

"What's your name?" I questioned. The guy with brown hair responded."Oliver Queen." I nodded. "And his?" I looked up to the guy with black hair. Before Oliver was able to respond, the man intervened. "Slade Wilson." We approached our destination and stopped. Slade opened a case that he had been carrying and revealed different kinds of weapons. My eyes widened. Luckily he took out the carved bamboo sticks and threw them at Oliver and I. "Let me see what you can do. Fight." Oliver and I stared at each other.

"I can't hit her! She's a girl!" Oliver exclaimed.

"There are going to be many things that you don't want to do on this island. If you can't do a simple task like this, I guess I'll just have to take you out." Slade responded with a stern look on his face. "Alright." Oliver replied with his hands up. "Now hold a firm position and let's see what you can do." I looked over to Oliver who seemed hesitant. I glanced at my stick and back to Slade. He looked at us with no emotion what's so ever, waiting for us to take a swing at each other. I sighed in defeat.

I held onto my stick and smacked his shoulder, the sound echoed loudly through the area. Oliver shut his eyes tight and gripped his shoulder tight. I looked at him, not knowing what to do. He finally opened his eyes and swung his stick at me. I placed my stick in front blocking his attack. But, it was no use. He stood firmly and added more pressure to his stick. He slowly walked towards me with his stick still up against mine, pushing me back. My bum quickly made contact with the ground. I looked up and saw that he had his hand held out for me. I took it as a quick opportunity and kicked him in the knee. He took a few steps back and feel on the grass. I smirked and grabbed my stick. I stood up and pointed my stick in front of Oliver's face. I looked over at Slade who seemed slightly impressed. I smiled at myself. Suddenly,I felt my stick being taken out of my hand. I was then tackled onto the floor. I placed my elbows on the ground while looking up to Oliver in disbelief. Oliver stares back at me in amusement. "Nice try." I roll my eyes and hold my arm up so he can lift me up.

"You both are lacking a lot of skill and agility." I heard Slade say as I wiped the dirt off my pants. "What do you mean? I thought we were fine. What kind of people would we be going up against on this dump of an island anyway? I just wanna go home." I complained. Slade towered over me with anger in his eyes. "Fine?! Fine isn't what's gone help you survive in this place. Listen up little girl. This isn't just an island. This is Lían Yu. A prison. There are a lot of dangerous people out here. We all want to leave. If you're sick and tired of my training then you can just leave. But, all i'm saying is that you can't go home if you don't survive. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" His voice echoed through the place. My cheeks turned red and I looked at my feet.

"Hey man chill. Let's just get this over with." Oliver said. Slade looked at me one more time before picking up a bamboo stick. If looks could kill, I would be dead. Slade started with Oliver. They stood with two bamboo sticks, one in each hand. I examined the way they moved. Oliver went for the first hit. Slade blocked the hit with one of his sticks. They continuously blocked one another until Oliver was caught off guard and hit in the face by Slade. The sticks slipped out of Oliver's hands and he was left defenseless.

"How did you survive this place for 6 months? I know Girl Scouts who do more fighting." Slade mocked.

"Fighting Girl Scouts now, huh Slade?" Oliver questioned with his hand out. Slade quickly takes the opportunity and whacks Oliver in the hand."OW. What the hell?"  Wrinkles formed on Oliver's forehead as he hissed in pain.

"Listen kid, we have ten days until the supply plane lands. Ten days to turn you into at least half a solider." Slade turns to look at me. "You too. So, start taking this seriously." I nod in confusion. What supply plane?  If this is their way out of this island then I'm all for it.

There was silence. Oliver then swung his bamboo stick at Slade. Slade quickly blocked his move and hit Oliver two times in the ribs. Oliver yelled loudly in frustration. He bent down holding onto his ribs, breathing in and out. "What is the point of this? These soldiers don't care if we have bamboo. They have guns! So, what am I supposed to do if one of them jams a gun into my face? Huh! Threaten them with my stick?" He had a point. I looked at them back and fourth interested in what would happen next. If only I had popcorn. Slade pulls out a gun from his satchel and hands it over to Oliver. "Jam this into my face." Slade spoke sternly. "What?" Slade looked at him dead in the eyes. Oliver took the gun out of his hand and held it in front of Slade's face.

In a second, Slade pushed Oliver's arm to the side. He elbows Oliver in the back and lifted him over his shoulders. He threw Oliver to the ground and pointed his gun at him. "That's what you do." I watched as Oliver rolled over on the ground. That's gonna leave a mark.

"Your turn."  Goosebumps rose all over my body. I looked over at Oliver and could only think of the worst. Slade tossed me the two sticks and we commenced. I swung my bamboo stick at him. Of course he blocked it. In one quick move I felt the skin around my thigh begin to burn. This continued on for a few more fights. No matter what I did, he would always find a way to hurt me. I yelled in annoyance. "Again" He demanded. He tried taking the first hit at me. I ducked. I smacked him on the side of his hip bone. Unfortunately, he had his satchel to protect him from the impact. Suddenly, I felt a burning sensation forming on my cheek.

"NOOOOOOO!" I yelled. Oliver stood in the corner holding onto his injuries. I didn't blame him though. If I were him I would've stayed out of Slade's way. Tears formed in my eyes and I felt a lump in my throat. A person could only take so much. Slade dropped his sticks. I closed my eyes and began swinging my fists vigorously. Most of my punches were blocked however, I did manage to attack him a few times. "STOP! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!" I threw a few more punches and was able to make contact with his jaw. He took a few steps back. Oliver rushed to hold me back. I spat at Slade as he held his jaw and smirked. "This is what I need from you. This anger that you hold in needs to be taken out. You need more endurance and coordination. Both of you need to be more vigilant and have a lot more speed." I got out of Oliver's grasp and huffed in annoyance. "Let's just hope that you guys are ready next week."