His or Mine

"Little Bird you belong in a cage," Martin smirked as my magic began to build. I wasn't going to hold back my power this time. I don't care who gets hurt this time.

"I'm giving you three seconds to plead for your life before I show you who I truly am," I said harshly.

"Just as you are beyond some people's magic I am beyond yours," he said before launching me over the side of the balcony. I called my magic toward me slowing my fall. I landed on the ground releasing the power sending it at Martin. The stone railing shattered as he dodged the magic.

"What scared of a little magic?" I mocked as he glared at me. He jumped over the side landing a few feet from me.

"No are you?" He asked hitting me with the darkest part of his power. I gasped as pain radiated through my body but I refused to cry out. I felt a familiar hum as Van's magic touched my hand. It was as if Van was directing me. I moved my hand as a light shot out of it flying into Martin. He flew back crashing through the wall.

"Van help me," I whispered as my heart longed for Van. I felt the power dance across my skin before my eyes flew open.

"Always," his voice whispered in my ear.

"Bitch," Martin screamed blood spilling out of his mouth as he ran toward me. He reached to grabbed me when he was tossed away from me by a magic I hadn't used. My love for Van had made a light magical protection. Van was using everything he had to save me even in death he was with me, tears fell silently down my face.

"This is how strong Van was. Even in death he is fighting you Martin. I will love Van until the day I die," I snapped as Martin looked at me in shock.

"You expect me to believe a dead man just did that?!" Martin laughed getting to his feet. I touched my ring before using my magic to cut off his airway. He grabbed his throat as I lifted him off the ground. I gave his neck as quick twist the light fading from his eyes instantly. I stopped using the power as Nathan made his way out of the house. I stood there just staring at Martin's body. I didn't regret killing him but it also meant I had nothing to fight against anymore which means I was left with only my grief. Nathan took my hand slowly trying to comfort me as tears began spilling all over my face.

"I'm so sorry Sapph, I wish there was something I could do to fix this. You deserved the happiness that Martin stole," Nathan said softly as I walked into his arms. I buried my face in his chest try desperately to get ahold of my emotions. My anger had been masking my pain and now that I didn't have someone to hate I felt it all.

"I loved him so much," I gasped as Nathan looked into my eyes.

"I promise I will find a way to fix this," Nathan said firmly. "Lets go get the twins." He said holding my hand as we teleported to where he took them.

"Where are they?" I asked when I realized we were alone in the middle of the woods. I took a step away from Nathan as his body twisted into an awkward angle. His face was barely visible in the darkness of night.

"They are over here," his voice said but it wasn't reassuring in fact it sent my heart racing. What was he? How had Martin brought him back to life?

"What are you?" I said, softly taking another step away from him.

"For a witch you clearly don't know much," he laughed walking toward me. I took another step back only to trip on a tree branch landing on the ground. I looked up as Nathan reached for me. I used my magic to knock him away from me. I scrambled to my feet rushing deep into the woods. My legs pounded into the rough ground as I ran trying to put some distance between us. I wanted to teleport away but I still hadn't found the twins yet. "You won't get far!" He screamed as I knew he was right but still I ran in the hopes I would find some trace of the twins.

"Brooke," I gasped seeing her laying in the center of the clearing. I sprinted to her kneeling next to her. My heart hoped she was alive but my head knew what I was going to see. I turned her head toward me a scream escaping my lips. I looked at her, her pale skin made the blood look darker. He had slashed her throat. I held her in my arms as the pain I had been feeling worsened. Tears raced down my face as I rocked her in my arms. I lost her and Van my only hope was that Katherine was alive.

"Found you," Nathan's voice called to me from a few yards away. I didn't want to leave Brooke here but I needed to get away. I got to my feet touching my face trying to stop my tears. I faced Nathan when I noticed the blood of my hands. I must have had some on my face but I didn't care. Nathan looked like himself except his posture. He was clumsy and slow but I could tell he was still strong. I was pulled into a memory as I looked at him.

Flashback
"Natalie do you know the difference between a Revenant and a vampire?" My mother asked as I pulled my hair up. She was worried I wasn't going to be ready by my 18th birthday in a year.

"A vampire must be bitten by another vampire whereas a Revenant is an avenging person who is brought back to life to kill. The Revenant needs a witch to comeback from the dead," I said as she smiled pleased with my answer.

"How do you stop a Revenant?" She asked as I shrugged. She was less pleased with that answer.

"Only one witch can stop a Revenant and she has yet to reveal herself, she will be stronger than the rest of us. Unlike you she will have the ability to conjure a fire," she snapped...
End of Flashback

I knew then I was screwed. He was strong and I had no idea how to stop him. I couldn't help but wonder who my mother was referring to...