Little Bird

I stood in my hotel room thinking about the man. He was so familiar yet I couldn't place him. I am almost positive I know him from my past life. It's driving me crazy that I can't remember. I paced back and forth racking my brain trying to figure out who he was.

"Little bird it's okay don't sweat it," the man said as I faced him.

"No it isn't, I deserve to know who you are before you kill me," I snapped as he smiled at me.

"Fearless til the end Nat," he said as I looked at him. I knew him well enough for him to call me Nat. "I'm not going to kill you just yet."

"Why? You gave a woman power to kill me but now you aren't ready!" I demanded as he laughed.

"I had moved on until I saw you Natalie. I can't let you go yet," he said taking my right hand his lips caressing the back of my hand. I pulled my hand away as he glared at me. "Testing me already?"

"I don't know who you are," I said firmly as he walked toward me. I stepped back using the baby's magic to knock him across the room. He laughed standing up.

"One thing has changed but I like you're a badass now," the man said as my mouth dropped slightly.

Flashback
"How could you chase him away?" My mother demanded making this situation worse. I stood there in front of the coven in my wedding dress a moment longer before sprinting from the room. I ran down the street and to the spot I had met Eric. I gasped trying to catch my breath feeling broken inside. He showed me I was worth so much without magic then ripped it away from me just as quickly. I looked at the water feeling so down. No one cared about me. How could I be so worthless? I stepped toward the edge of the drop off. I looked back at the town as I hesitated. I watched the water crash against the jagged rocks before I launched myself over the edge hitting the water. The cold water caused me to take a deep breath as I began sinking to the bottom of the lake. I felt at peace being swallowed by the darkness...

"Breath damn it," a voice said as I spit up some lake water. I found myself staring up into a pair of green eyes. He was soaking wet almost as much as I was. "You jumped into the water."

"Yeah well I've been known to be pretty crazy. I mean I'm a witch with almost no magic," I said as I started shivering. He scooped me up teleporting to what I assumed was his house. He sat me in front of a fire place to warm up.

"What's your name?" He asked as I rolled my eyes.

"Natalie Drew," I sighed. "What's your name?"

"Martin my name is Martin."
End of flashback

He saved my life a long time ago but how does that relate to now. I'm in a different body how did he know it was me.

"Did you remember something?" Martin asked as I looked at him.

"You saved me," I gasped as he nodded.

"You didn't share everything but over time you began to trust me and share your past," Martin smiled as I looked at him. There was more to us than just sharing secrets.

"Funny I still don't trust you," I snapped harshly as he laughed.

"You will," he said grabbing my left hand before I could pull away. His eyes hardened as he saw the ring on my finger. I yanked my hand from him as he approached me. "Still after everything he has done you still went back. He tossed you aside when you were pregnant and still you choose him!"

"Yes Martin I choose him because it's always been him. It will always be Eric. I will love him until my last breath and there isn't a damn thing you can do to change that," I shout back at him not carrying if he killed me.

"Funny but until you remember the horrible things he has done you can't say that," Martin growled grabbing my arm yanking me toward him. I gasped as his lips touched mine briefly before I pulled away. I shoved him hard causing him to hit the wall. He winced in pain as I stood away from him.

"He never pushed things," I growled angrily. "He would have waited for me to remember before trying to manipulate me because that's who Eric is."

"We will see little bird," he laughed hitting me with a blast of magic knocking me off me feet. I stood up my mind feeling fuzzy. I couldn't seem to remember what I was saying. "Find Eric and see for yourself." The man said teleporting me to a man he called Eric.

"Sapphire thank god," he said wrapping his arms around me. I pulled away looking at him confused.

"Who are you?" I asked as his eyes filled with concern.

"You don't remember?" He asked with pain in his eyes.

"No," I said as he took a step away from me.

"I'm Eric and you are pregnant with our child," he said softly as I stepped toward him. He looked so sad and plagued by an inner battle. I could see the longing in his eyes but also a need to do the right thing for me. I looked at my left hand seeing the ring on my finger. I pulled it off seeing the engraving as everything fell into place. I pressed my lips to his firmly and hungrily. This was Eric the man I love and even if I can't remember all of my past life I know he was in it and I returned for him. He pulled away confusion on his face.

"I remember and the man who tried to kill me is," I was interrupted as Martin rushed into the room.

"Me my little bird," he growled knocking Eric into the wall sending him into unconsciousness. I gasped facing him. "You had to kiss him!" He struck me drawing blood. I touched the wound on my cheek when I felt magic burning inside me. I was on my own and would have to use the Magi magic in my womb I just hoped it would be enough...