Chapter 5: Pass Of Caradhras

Miluiel (Amelia) POV

"One does not simply walk into Mordor." Boromir states after a moment of silence. "Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep and the great eye is ever watchful. Tis a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly."

Legolas jumps to his feet, "Have you heard nothing Lord Elrond has said? The Ring must be destroyed."

"And I suppose you think you're the one to do it?" Gimli says to him angrily.

"And if we fail, what then?" Boromir questions, standing up. "What happens when Sauron takes back what is his?"

Gimli then jumps up, "I will be dead before I see the Ring in the hands of an Elf."

Almost everyone stands up and starts arguing with each other. I put my hand to my head. Why are they arguing? I look up at them and my eyes land on the Ring. Is the Ring what is causing this? I am snapped out of my thoughts when I hear someone trying to shout above everyone.

"I will take it!" Frodo shouts trying to get everyone to hear him. "I will take it! I will take the Ring to Mordor!" Everyone finally quiets down and looks at him. "Though, I do not know the way."

"I will help you bear this burden, Frodo Baggins, as long as it is yours to bear." The Wizard says, walking up and standing behind him.

Aragorn then walks over to him, "If by my life or death I can protect you, I will." He then kneels down in front of Frodo. "You have my sword."

"And you have my bow," Legolas says, joining them.

"And my axe." Gimli also joins them.

"You carry the fate of us all, little one," Boromir tells Frodo, walking to him. "If this is indeed the will of the Council, then Gondor will see it done."

I look over at Idrenniel and she nods at me. We both stand up and walk up to Frodo. No one can see my face though, because the hood of my cloak is covering it up.

"You also have my sword," Idrenniel says.

"And my daggers," I add.

Boromir laughs, "What are two women even doing here? You cannot come with us."

I get very angry at his words and I am about to say something when Idrenniel does.

"We deserve to be here as much as you do. I don't know what you think, but know this: A woman can fight." He does not say anything else after Idrenniel says this.

I see something moving out of the corner of my eye and look over to see another Hobbit running towards us.

"Mr. Frodo's not going anywhere without me." He shouts as he stands next to Frodo.

"No indeed, it is hardly possible to separate you, even when he is summoned to a secret council and you are not!" Lord Elrond states with an amused look on his face.

"Wait! We're coming too!"

Two more Hobbits then run in and stand on the other side of Frodo.

"You'd have to send us home tied up in a sack to stop us." One of them

"Anyway, you need people of intelligence on this sort of mission...quest...thing." The other one stumbles and I give a small chuckle.

"Well, that rules you out, Pip."