Chapter 4: Secret Counsel

Miluiel (Amelia) POV

"We are here," Haldir informs us as we come up to the gates of a beautiful place.

Idrenniel and I dismount our horses and a few Elves come and lead them away. Haldir nods at us before turning around and heading back to Lothlórien. I then look back over at the Elves taking the horses.

"Don't worry," I hear Idrenniel say behind me. "They are just taking them to the stables."

I am about to reply to her when someone else says something.

"Welcome to Imladris. We have been awaiting your arrival, Lady Miluiel." An Ellon (male elf) with long brown hair welcomes me. This must be Lord Elrond.

I give him a slight bow, "I am glad to be here to help in any way I can, Lord Elrond."

"I see you already know my name. We are grateful to have you here. The counsel will be held tomorrow, I will see you then. My daughter, Arwen, will lead you to your rooms." Lord Elrond tells us and gestures his hand towards an Elleth (girl elf).

"Gi suilon, Lady Miluiel. Who is your friend?" She greets me.

"Gi suilon, Lady Arwen. This is Idrenniel." I greet her back.

"Well, it is very nice to meet the both of you. Come with me, you both have had a long journey and I know you would probably like to get some rest." She turns around and walks down a hall. Idrenniel and I follow her until we reach a door. Turning to us, she says, "Idrenniel, you can stay in this room. And Miluiel, you can stay in the room right across the hall. Again, it was really good to meet you both."

"It was nice to meet you, too," I tell her.

She gives a slight bow and walks off. Idrenniel walks into her room and I walk across the hall and go into mine. I wonder what this counsel is going to be about tomorrow.

~~~

Looking out the window of the room I am currently staying in, I put a couple of small braids in my hair. I cannot get over the beauty of this place, it is truly an amazing sight to see. I cannot wait to see more of Middle-earth. A knock at the door pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Come in!" I call out.

I hear the door open and I turn my head to see Idrenniel. I smile at her and she smiles back.

"Morning, Miluiel."

"Morning, Idrenniel," I say back.

"They are ready for us to meet for the counsel. A guard is waiting outside the door to lead us down." She informs me.

"All right, then let's go," I say, grabbing the circlet and placing it on my head then grabbing the cloak that my Naneth gave me and putting it on, placing the hood over my head.

We walk out the door and follow the guard till we get to a balcony with chairs in a half circle. Lord Elrond is sitting at the head of the room on what looks to be a throne. He notices us and nods at the guard. The guard leaves and Lord Elrond stands up.

"Gi suilon, Lady Miluiel and Lady Idrenniel. Have a seat anywhere that you like. The others shall be here soon." He greets us and we bow to him and sit down.

After a couple minutes of silence, more people start to come. I try not to stare, but I can't help it. First to come are a few Elves, then some men, dwarves, and a Hobbit and a Wizard. I know which is which by the descriptions my Naneth gave me.

Once everyone is settled in their seats, Lord Elrond begins to speak.

"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle-earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate, this one doom." He scans the room and his eyes land on the Hobbit and he gestures to him. "Bring forth the ring, Frodo."

The Hobbit, Frodo, stands up and slowly makes his way to the center of the room. Hesitantly, he places a ring in the middle of the stone plinth.

"So it's true." One of the men says.

Frodo then sits back down and give a sigh, closing his eyes. He seems relieved. It is just a ring? What is so bad about it? Things here are a lot different than on Earth. I better be prepared for some of the stuff I find out here.

The man who spoke before stands up and speaks again and snaps me out of my thoughts. "In a dream, I saw the Eastern sky grow dark. In the West a pale light lingered a voice was crying, your doom is near at hand. Isildur's bane is found." He stretches out his hand to touch the ring like it is pulling him in. "Isildur's bane."

Lord Elrond jumps to his feet.

"Boromir!" He shouts to the man.

The sky darkens and the Wizard begins to speak in a language I do not recognise. It is definitely not Elvish.

"Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul," The Wizard stands and Boromir backs up as the Wizard continues to speak, "Ash nazg thrakatuluk, ash burzum-ishi krimpatul. (One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.)"

The sky goes back to normal and Boromir sits down, looking shocked.

"Never before has anyone uttered words of that tongue here Imladris." Lord Elrond says to the Wizard angrily.

"I do not ask your pardon, Master Elrond, for the Black Speech of Mordor may yet be heard in every corner of the West. The Ring is altogether evil." He finishes, sitting back down.

An evil Ring. That is very interesting. I have so many questions, hopefully they will be answered here. And, if not, I will talk to someone afterwards. I am very curious to find out more about this evil Ring.

"Aye, it is a gift," Boromir says, standing back up. "A gift to the foes of Mordor. Why not use this ring? Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor, kept the forces of Mordor at bay. By the blood of our people are your lands kept safe. Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy, let us use it against him."

"You cannot wield it. None of us can. The One Ring answers to Sauron alone. It has no other master." Another man states.

"And what would a ranger know of this matter?" Boromir questions him.

"This is no mere ranger." An Elf says to him, standing up. "He is Aragorn son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance."

Boromir looks at Aragorn in disbelief. "Aragorn! This...is Isildur's heir?"

"And heir to the throne of Gondor." The Elf adds. This Aragorn must be very important.

"Havo dad, Legolas. (Sit down, Legolas)" Aragorn tells the Elf, Legolas, to sit and he sits down.

"Gondor has no King," Boromir says, turning around and heading back to his seat. "Gondor needs no King."

"Aragorn is right. We cannot use it." The Wizard confirms.

Lord Elrond stands back up. "You have only one choice. The Ring must be destroyed."

"Then what are we waiting for?" A Dwarf questions, standing up and running towards where the ring is placed.

He lifts the Axe he is holding and brings it down on the Ring. His Axe shatters and he is thrown to the ground. My eyes go wide.

What just happened? Nothing happened to the Ring yet, the Dwarf's Axe was shattered. How is that possible?

"The Ring cannot be destroyed, Gimli son of Gloin, by any craft that we here possess." Lord Elrond says to the Dwarf as he gets back into his seat. "The Ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only there can it be unmade. It must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came. One of you... must do this."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's another chapter for you all, hope you enjoyed it! :) Updates are every Tuesday! Love you all,

~Ellethwen <3