Chapter 4

Side Picture is of Luke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't believe it, Ashley standing on my front porch asking me if I want a ride. I was in shock, seeing her there in her white floral shirt with her black shorts and her white converse,

"Uh..yeah..sure. I mean if you don't mind." I ask basically holding my breath.

We started heading towards her off-white punch bug parked in front of the sidewalk. I felt my skin go as cold as a dead body, just seeing her in front of me.

"I want to get there early so we will be able to catch Mr. Dominguez so we can straighten this all out." she said fidgeting in her seat.

"Yeah, that's fine. Whatever you feel comfortable with," I said glacing over at her and noticing her necklace "What's that? Is that the ring I got you when we were 12?"

"Uh...actually, I didn't remember you giving this to me. I thought it would go good with my outfit." she said quickly tucking it away under her shirt. We sat in silence in the car  as we went down the road to the stop sign.

We started to turn..

KAAAABLAMMM!!!

I tried lifting my head, but it hurt so badly. I looked at a blurry vision of Ashley with her head on the wheel.

"Ashley! Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I heard another voice that sounded so familiar and heard Ashley moan faintly and start to lift her head slowly.

"Luke? Is that you?" Ashley asked rubbing her forehead and blinking her eyes very fast.

"Yes it is baby, I'm here now don't wor ....WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH HIM?!" he said very harshly as if I did something. I saw Ashley lift her head just fine just a small cut on her forehead. 

"BABY? YOU LEFT ME REMEMBER? So DON'T ever call me that AGAIN! And as far as Josh goes, I was giving him a ride to school, but now its off to the hospital and I will report you to the cops about this." Ashley said trying to start up her bent up car.

The car let off a dead sound, trying to start but it simply gave up.

"Josh, are you alright? I'm gonna call the cops and have them bring an ambulance for you ok? I'm so sorry this happened to you." Ashley said rummaging through her purse to find her cell phone. She starts walking over to my side but the door wouldn't open and I could barely feel my legs.

"Hello 911? My friend and I were just in an accident on the corner of W Pine St and Walnut St. Please hurry and send an ambulance for my friend." Ashley said hanging up her phone and still trying to open my door.

"Ashely? My head hurts really bad, and I can't feel my legs." I start to feel tears bubble up in my eyes. I felt Ashley's arm slowly wrap itself around my shoulders.

"Don't worry Josh, help is on the way. I promise everything will be okay." Ashley said with such a quiver in her voice.

"Ashley, baby, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do this. My life without you is just miserable and I want you back." Luke's voice popped out of nowhere sounded innocent. Ashley's arm whipped off of me in a hurry and I heard her and Luke just arguing while the sirens kept getting louder and closer.

After the paramedics had cut me loose from the crushed car, they decided to rush me to the hospital and Ashley stayed behind to get my parents. My vision was blurred but I can still hear just fine; and the last thing I remember was my pulse was dropping and they needed to sedate me.

I remembered having a dream of Ashley and me always running in our backyards, just always seeing her smile and laugh when we were together. I loved seeing the wind flow through her hair and hearing her sweet voice...

"Josh!"

"Josh!"

"Josh!"

"Josh!"

I felt my body jolt as if I was electrocuted. I saw Ashley with my parents around my hospital bed, looking around and seeing myself with an IV line and my legs were bandaged along with the top of my head. My head throbbed so hard I felt a couple tears run down my face.

"What happened?" I asked trying to rub my head.

"Luke came and hit my car on your side and you ended up being pinned so badly you lost alot of blood. I'm so sorry Josh, this is a my fault." she said as tears started to form in her eyes and walked away.

"Josh, sweetie we're so happy you're alright. We got worried when Ashley showed up to get us," my mom said grabbing my hand and holding it tightly "The doctors want to keep you overnight to see how well you do. I'm also keeping you out of school for a couple days."

I didn't know what to say to my mom, I just wanted to be with Ashley.

"Can  you go get me something to drink and Ashley? I just want to talk to her alone for a minute." I said looking at my mom and dad. They both looked at eachother and nodded their heads.

"Here, your mom gave this to me." Ashley said handing me a pepsi.

"Ashley, I faintly heard Luke call you "baby" are you guys still together or what?" I asked cracking open the bottle listning to the hissing sound it made.

"No Josh, he wants me back but I'm not sure if I wanna be with him. I love him so much but I'm sick of being treated like garbage," she said pulling up a chair closer to the bed "I called his parents and they are going to straighten this thing out and pay for the damages."

"I see, Ashley do you think we can just do the Romeo & Juliet scene? It's just a kiss, it wont mean anything." I said trying to sit up a little bit more.

But before Ashley could answer the nurse knocked and opened the door.

"Excuse me miss, visitation is over. You may come back tomorrow." the nurse said standing in the doorway.

Ashley nodded and walked away and met my parents next to the nurse. I didn't want her to leave, not just yet..