12

Upon being told that Náriel was not in her room, Thranduil stood beside Aranhi and Glandur, eyes looking sceptically and suspiciously around at everyone present. He couldn't see her. He frowned and turned slowly to walk to the seat which he had been appointed. Aranhi and Glandur stayed standing looking towards the door. They had been given the task of finding Náriel, and they had both failed, as such they were both standing watching the door to the hall. No doubt whoever spotted her first would turn to him and announce her arrival.

This moment came sooner than expected, though it was neither elven guard which spoke of Náriel's appearance. It was in fact Thrór, who let out a cheerful laugh and walked towards his grandchildren. At this, Thranduil stood and placed his hands on the table in front of him. Thorin, Frerin and Dís walked by Náriel's side, she was in the middle of a small band of dwarves. Thranduil sighed and walked slowly down to stand by Thrór's side.

He seemed more than pleased at seeing them all. Which caused Thranduil to look down at him with a sidewards glance. "Children!" He exclaimed still sounding rather excitable. "Where have you all come from?" He questioned.

Thráin appeared beside his father, "What a merry group you all look." He commented while slowly lifting his hand, he held onto a cup loosely and drank slowly from it. "Dís is perhaps enjoying it a little too much." He smiled down at his daughter, who did in fact stand there grinning widely.

"It seems we both had the same intention," Thorin said slowly, answering his grandfather's earlier question. Thrór gently ruffled Dís's hair when she stepped towards him. Looking at Thorin, he nodded for him to continue. "It seemed we all wished to say farewell to our elven guests."

Thráin let out a short laugh at this. "Only our intention involved everyone, not a select few, nor did ours involve hiding away in a far room somewhere." Thorin narrowed his eyes at his father, Thráin in return just laughed and turned and gestured to the large room behind him. Everyone present was mingling happily, much like they did when they welcomed the elves to Erebor. "Come, let's not converse in the doorway anymore."

Thrór nodded agreeing. "Too true, let us enjoy the evening."

The small group moved forwards so they could fully enter the hall. Náriel sent an apologetic smile up at Thranduil, "Sorry I was not present when Aranhi came around to escort me here." She whispered so only he could really hear.

"You are here now, I suppose that is the important thing."

Náriel frowned. "I would not miss this."

"You almost did."

"Only because the same ideas were thought up by two different sets of people and clashed." Náriel said simply. She wasn't going to get into an argument about being absent. She was here, and she wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. She intended to stay and enjoy this evening for however long it lasted. Walking over a table, she frowned, "Please tell me you're not all having another drinking competition?" She leaned against the wooden furniture and looked to Dwalin for an answer.

"Ah," Glóin said while looking towards her. "No. It seems that we need not hide away this time."

"I don't think we needed to last time," Dwalin mumbled thoughtfully while lifting his drink to his lips. "We just chose to."

Náriel smiled, "Is Balin on refill duty again?"

"Who knows where he is?" Dwalin said while looking up at her. "He was with us all, but he seemed to have disappeared as soon as we arrived here." He looked up and around the room, he wondered where his brother had disappeared to as well. Sitting back down, he shook his head, "Who knows." Was all he commented while quickly glancing up at her.