Chapter 32 (America's POV)

Hey sorry it's been a little while since I have updated, but I updated now so...... Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 32

(America's POV)

My thumbs weaved around, should I tell him. Celeste wouldn't find out if he eliminated her and gave her no information about knowing it was her. "Well," I started to say, I paused a little I was terrified. I was risking May's life. Which I cared more about than my own. I opened my mouth again, I was going to tell him, I had to. "Maxon the truth is-" I was cut off as the cellar door flew open and a guard ran in, "Prince Maxon and Lady America, Thank the lord you’re okay! We thought you were kidnapped!" Maxon smiled his absolutely charming half smile at the guard, "Well why would you think that I have America here to protect me, she's so stubborn that those rebels couldn't get within a mile of me!" He turned to face me and smirked, I hit him playfully on the shoulder, "HEY!" I said sounding offended.

The guard stood there awkwardly as we playfully flirted. Honestly I think it was a message from god just reminding me how serious it was for me to keep this a secret. I was relieved to be in the fresh air. The sun was out and shining brightly, it kissed my skin. This defiantly beat the muggy swampy air down there. The fresh air filled my lungs with refreshment. I breathed heavily and let my lungs burn. It stung, but it felt good. I walked around in the garden and Maxon started to talk to the guard and manage to convince him to leave us alone in the garden again and go inside and tell the king and queen that we were okay. Finally he did, even though I prayed he wouldn't. Maxon caught up with me and he began his side of the conversation with, "So, you were saying?"

I looked at him and pretended to be confused, "What?" I asked even though I knew he was referring to the secret I knew about the rebels. He looked at me a little more intensely, "The thing you were saying before my guard so rudely interrupted." He said sarcastically, I nodded, "Oh that... It was nothing." I said trying to change he topic, he looked confused, "America, It didn't sound like nothing, it sounded important." He said. I shrugged again praying that there could be something that could change the topic, I could tell maxon was getting frustrated decided to move in far in front of him, I turned around the next corner and began to quicken my pace. I suddenly froze in my place. And then I wished that I hadn't waned a change in topic. Because sprawled out before me on the ground was a person. A not breathing person, a dead person with bullet wounds in the heart. With black hair. Chiseled face, and wide open green eyes.