Sherlock Proposes

Sherlock Proposes:

You come home after a long day at work.

Exhausted, you're hoping that a cup of tea and maybe a bubble bath would help you unwind. You throw your bag on a chair and hang your coat up.

"Sherlock, I'm home!" You shout. You hear nothing in return, so you shrug and head to the kitchen. It wasn't unlike him to be out and about doing God knows what.

You open the fridge to see two eyes looking back at you, and you can't help the smile that forms on your face. Sherlock was out of his rut. He was a bit moody because John and Mary were on their one year anniversary trip. The two of you were taking care of their beautiful daughter.

The past week had been, to say the least, interesting. You and Sherlock alone with a baby was entertaining and it really showed how great you were together. Sure, the first few days were bumpy, when the baby first cried, Sherlock shouted: "They really do that?" You set the pot down giggling at the memory.

The tea warmed your hands and you sit in a chair across from Sherlock's. It wasn't John's old chair. It was your own. Sherlock bought it for you when you moved in. It was the sweetest thing he had ever done for you.

Sherlock was not a man that was very open with his feelings, in fact, the only time he had expressed anything was when you saw his best man speech from John's wedding. But, you didn't mind. Sherlock wasn't the only one who could deduce things. You could see that he really did truly love you. There wasn't any doubt about it.

Because behind closed doors, Sherlock had a heart. And it wasn't like what happened with Jeanine.

John had come up to you a month after you had met Sherlock and said, "Be patient with him. He honestly does really like you."

You see a small note from Mrs. Hudson stating that she was taking care of the babe. You sighed in relief. Thank God, Sherlock wasn't out there with the poor girl.

Sherlock was surprisingly great with kids. You would think that he would be horrid at connecting with them, but he actually knew what he was doing.

Then, you see it. The Telly was on. Why hadn't you noticed that before? There was a note that said, "Play me. Of course, that's a bit obvious." And right then you knew it was from him.

With your curiosity peaked, you hit play. And there was Sherlock.

"Yes, it's on? John are you sure?"

"Jesus Christ, yes Sherlock it's on!"

"Okay." He smiles.

"Hello Y/N, you're probably not worried about me right now and you shouldn't be. However, I am waiting for you. But, the thing is that you must find me. I'm hiding. Mary helped me with this and I do hope you like it. It's surprisingly not a stupid idea." John cleared his throat and you could just imagine his face. Sherlock ignored him.

"Your hint: a place where millions are, yet only one seat is special to us. This seat practically blew us away." Then the screen went black.

You smile. The tube seat. You were sitting above a bomb in the tube station and Sherlock had to nearly throw you off of it to save you and everyone. That was where you two first met.

You rushed there to find it deserted with only a homeless man. He was one of Sherlock's connections. You knew it was before you even got near him.

He held a laptop which had a live Skype call.

You see Sherlock's face grin when he sees you.

"Perfect timing." He said.

"Isn't it always?" You replied earning a small smirk from him. He had saved everyone milliseconds before the bomb went off.

"Look, Y/N, I'm not a man who does this sort of thing. Whenever I do, it's all a lie. But I promise you on John's daughter's life that this is all real." You're face became very serious, because Sherlock was serious.

"I know I've only ever said this once before, so I'll say it again. I love you, Y/N. Nothing will ever change that. You've made me into a better man just by being in my life. You didn't ask for me to change and you never pried. And, I liked that about you. You're clever; you're smart; you're a bit daft sometimes, but I'm used to it now." You laughed and he paused.

"You never pry when you can tell that I don't want you to. And I liked that about you. It's what helped me fall for you. But, I don't want you to not pry. Not anymore. And, this is all very difficult to say, which is why John and Lestrade told me to film it. So, here it is." You could see his face scrunch up a bit. He's searching through his mind palace.

"I want you to pry because I want my business to become your business and your business to become mine. And so now that I've said that," You see his smart phone shaking. He takes out a small box and opens it towards you. Your hands come up to your face and you gasp. Tears were pricking your eyes. You see a nervous smile form on his face even though you couldn't quite see it behind the box.

"Y/N, will you marry me?"

You laughed and nodded.

"Now come out from wherever you're hiding and let me kiss you!" You shout, feigning a scolding tone. It was quickly wiped away when you heard echoing footsteps come closer and closer. You turn around to see Sherlock running at you. You run towards him and the two of you embrace. He spun you around and let you down slowly, but his grip on you never slackened.

"Was the spin good? I think I saw that on the television once." He asks. You laugh.

"Yes, you idiot. Just kiss me already!" And he did just that. His lips crashed down on yours like waves on a beach. It was hard at first, but it became a gentle caress. You could've died in that moment and didn't care that you did. Because right there, in that moment, you had never been happier.