Chapter 1: South Streets

"No I don't want your number. No I don't wanna give you mines!" I sun alone to the loud music.

It was Saturday morning, and the house smelled like Fabuloso, and fresh cleaning materials.

Sweeping the floors of the living room i moved my hips to the music picturing myself on stage in front of a crowd of people.

The cds switched over

" Don't go chasing waterfallsss"I sung to the song out loud.

All of a sudden the door opened and i jumped and drop the broom.

"Wazzam, ya can keep dancing" The light skin boy spoke with dark shades and a giant A on his neck.

"Um who you looken foh?" I questioned looking at him after turning the music down.

"No one reallay" he said lookin at me.

"Well bye den, my mama just went grocery shoppin and she'll be back."

"Dats cool, i just seen ya moved in a coupla daays ago"

"Yep, but i kno my way around, im from hea. Right around the corna in third ward"

"Dats cool and everything, im new doe, "

"Okay."

"August" he said cutting me off.

"Yeah okay, umm leave i gotta clean." I said turning around cutting music back on.

"Let me be the one two give you everything you want and need...."

"oooooo baby dat good love and protection, lete be your selection, show you the..."

"Way love is suppose to be .."

"I didn't know you could sing, you don't look like the singing type August"

"Stop judging a nigga befoh ya kno him" he said.

"Yeah. Well you still gotta go"

"But, i need ya name"

"...bye"

I pushed him towards the door.

"Kelly" i smiled as he smiled back and went own by his way.

Later that night

*boy you should know that,i got chu on my mind, secret admire* In the background.

This boy August has been on my mind sense a week ago.

I've been seeing him around and he just smiles and nodes at me as i walk past his house to the corner store.

He smells so goooooood. I thought about as i hug my pillow tight as i laid in my bed while the moon light came through the blinds.