Uncovered

Uncovered- chrissyhazza

Although not an avid reader of poetry, I feel that a lot of teenagers on wattpad will be able to relate and empathise with the subject of the poem. The title is fitting. Uncovering is what you're doing to this mystery girl. However, I feel like you're only skimming the surface and if you're going to unearth someone in a poem it should have a bit more impact. You're talking about the girls aspirations, but they're told as though that's the secret she's hiding, but what about something deeper?

But then as a teenager, we feel that our secrets and problems are the biggest things in life, but we're completely unaware that bigger stresses will arise, so your text could be seen to be almost metaphorical if looking deeper into it. The girls worries and secrets, although deep to her are fundamentally slightly basic, which sort of describes the standard teenager, including myself, making the text even more relatable.

However, I felt it didn't really flow like a poem and that's not really a negative as poems don't always have to rhyme, however, it didn't have a rhythm and could at times feel awkward to read.

Despite this, overall this poem is beautiful and can bring you to ask the question- are you your true self or do you just wear a mask? If you're into poetry and are interested in finding yourself, then this poem would be something I would advise to be read.

In terms of your cover, it is so relevant to your poem. The girl is hidden in darkness and wears a mask, which represents the underlining question this poem brings up and shows the mystery the subject of the poem is meant to exude. Your cover is beautifully done.

POEM: 7

COVER: 8.9