Pay rise

I put my dress and heels on and gave myself one last look in the mirror before I left for a busy night on the corner. I had five customers coming to meet me tonight and another possible two that have the tendency to turn up whenever they feel like it. Bloody users are so unorganized. I had to make sure I looked extra special tonight because the boss is stopping by tonight to check up on how I’m doing and then I’m meeting the guy from last night at the same club. I’ve decided I don’t care if he has a girlfriend or wife or whatever, there’s obviously some sort of attraction there so why not just go with it?

I focused back on my appearance and decided this was as good as it was going to get. My hair is pulled back in a messy bun with loose curls falling out around my face. I had on a deep red strappy dress with a low V cut in the front. For shoes I had black platform ankle boots. Overall I didn’t look too slutty which was a one off for me.

I grabbed my bag and walked out the door to find George already waiting for me. I jumped in his truck and turned the music up. Funnily enough turn up the music by Chris Brown was on. I smiled and buckled myself in, nodding along to the music. The drive was only a quick five minute one but it’s a fifteen minute walk which would have absolutely killed my feet. We got out when we reached the diner and walked in to find the pace completely empty. Oh well, at least there would be no witnesses around to see what I was doing with my life. I sat down at one of the tables with George and we looked at the menu to see what we were having for dinner.

I would have eaten before I left the house but I didn’t have any food in at all, unless you count a piece of mouldy bread as food. I really need to start looking after myself more. I’m not exactly unhealthy looking but I could do with gaining just a tiny bit of weight seeing as my ribs were starting to stick out a bit.

I decided on a cheese burger and chips with a strawberry milkshake. George had the same but with a banana milkshake because he’s weird like that. I honestly have no idea how we’re friends, we’re completely opposite; he likes banana milkshake, I like strawberry. He likes the icing on cupcakes and I like the actual cake. He likes the filling in Oreos and I like the biscuit. I guess it’s a good thing really because we kind of level each other out. People look at us like we’re freaks because we’re best friends yet we act like a couple but hey, if we’re happy then who are they to judge?

The waitress came over and took our order and I stood up to go to the bathroom. Conversation wasn’t exactly flowing easily at the table seeing as George hasn’t put his phone down since we got here. I reckon he’s after a girl which is surprising because he’s more of a whore than I am! I checked my makeup and then walked out to do my first deal. The second one wasn’t for another hour which gave me time to have my food.

I gave the customer a quick once over and I have to say he was pretty hot. He had dark straight hair and had the appearance of a skater. I handed him his stuff and got my money.

“Nice ass.” He said with a smirk. I stopped dead in my tracks and scowled. Great so now I have to flirt back. As much as I hate it, it’s one of the rules. I turned around and gave him a seductive smile.

“Thanks.” I went to walk away again but he grabbed my arm.

“What’s your name pretty lady?” I groaned internally. Why is it always me that gets these customers?

“Cora. Excuse me I have to go.” I tried to walk away again but he gripped my wrist even tighter. Ok that’s starting to hurt a bit now. I winced and turned round to look at him again.

“What’s the rush? Why don’t you come and have a bit of fun?” He licked his lips and ran his hands down my body. I cringed and backed away from him but he just grabbed my other wrist stopping me from being able to move. That’s when I started panicking. I looked back at the dinner and George was sat flirting with the waitress. Luckily at that moment he turned around and saw me. I mouthed help me to him and he stood up and came running out. The guy that was gripping my wrists quickly dropped them and stood back.