I Hate You First, Then I Tolerate You

{Hanzo x Reader}

"(Y/N), this is my brother Hanzo."

"It's nice to finally meet, Hanzo Shimada. Genji has told me much about you."

"Likewise."

The handshake after was completely and noticeably awkward and forced.

It wasn't very difficult to see the certain distaste that I have for the man I'm shaking hands with. I don't care what Genji tries to say about his brother. I still don't like him.

I have my reason. He killed Genji. If Angela hadn't found him, I don't think I could bear the thought of never meeting Genji. Especially when he saved my life later on in a few years. That is all I have to say about this.

"Commander 76' has required that we bring our wrist watches with us if going out. Perhaps the three of us could go and visit Hanamura. You'd love the ramen shop here, (Y/N)."

"That sounds wonderful, Genji."

"I'll be back momentarily then."

Genji disappeared down the long hallway towards center base. I was left alone with the only man I completely despise. (Other than Junkrat, but that's a whole other story.)

At first, neither of us said anything. We both found solace in the quietness, but Hanzo looked like he desperately wanted to speak. He hid it well behind a cold, aloof discipline. I saw right through it.

"Yes, Hanzo? You want to ask something?"

His eyes widened for only a second. Just long enough for me to catch his confused surprise. He hadn't expected to be called out on. Finally, he spoke.

"Genji tells me you've been with Overwatch for a very long time, (Y/N)."

"Only partially. I was the youngest agent ever at eleven. I left three years later."

"A particular reason you're willing to tell? I'm sure it's interesting."

I had to try not to show that I was grinding my teeth. My hands stayed clenched inside my pockets. I leaned against the wall as if to steady myself from memories.

"The government," I said quickly. "-and Talon were after my powers."

Although Hanzo didn't give a response then, I could tell he wanted to ask more about my powers. What he finds so interesting about them is beyond my comprehension. Who would want something resting upon you're shoulders like a burden?

I finally turned to look Hanzo in the eyes and then brought my hand out of my pocket. I flicked my fingers in a quick motion. A small fire immediately flickered in my palm.

He eyed the fire with a curious expression. I could see the flames dancing in the iris of his eyes. They illuminated the dark stature of them. I looked away from his lowered gaze.

I raised my eyebrows in a mocking look of disbelief. That seemed to snap him out of showing emotion.

"Is that all you can do?" Purposeful arrogance laced in the words.