.17

Luke

28 weeks

We've been staying at Michael's parents' house for two weeks, and today we had to leave. Michael still hasn't find a house or an apartment, because it was either too expensive or the place didn't look safe for us or the babies. I volunteered to help, but I've noticed that he could be stubborn at times, and would simply say no or say 'I can handle this'.

Right now, me and Michael were in his car, one of the cars that he still had at his parents' house. He explained to me that his parents wouldn't let him drive any of them, because he would just destroy them and it would cost hundreds, sometimes thousands, of dollars to repair, so they've just been in the garage collecting dust over the years.

"I'm sorry for all of this, Luke, should've just-"

"Michael, for the millionth time, I don't wanna talk about it anymore." I told him. "The more you bring it up, the more it freaks me out and makes my anxiety act up." I added. "I know I can't forget about it, but I would like to just move on and keep it in the past, where it should stay." I said, looking over at him.

"I know, I'm just.." He started, but paused to think of the right words. "I've just been having nightmares about it. It's like Zayn's dead body is implanted in my brain and I can't get the image out, no matter what I do." He said, sounding so stressed out and frustrated.

I felt so bad for him, I wanted more than anything to make all of this go away, but it's not as simple as snapping my fingers and poof, everything is gone, it's something that we have to somehow conquer on our own. In my case, I've learned to just push things in the back of my mind and keep moving. In Michael's case, he copes with talking to people and being around people he's comfortable around. In other words, he would have to see a therapist about this, because I can only say and do some much to make the thoughts and nightmares go away, a professional could do more than I can.

"I know, babe, I wish there was more that I can do." I told him truthfully. After a few seconds, I decided to just suggest that he see a therapist, it may backfire, but I can at least say that I've tried.

"Have you thought of seeing someone, you know, a professional about the nightmares?" I asked him.

He furrowed his eyebrows and glanced over at me. "Are you saying that I'm crazy?" He asked.

"Michael, no, I'm not saying your crazy. But as your boyfriend and a person whose concerned, I was just suggesting that maybe you should go to someone and talk to them about the nightmares, they can help you." I said.

"Well thanks for being concerned, but I'm not going."

"And why not?" I asked.

"Because, Luke, I've been in and out of therapy since I was fifteen years old for the behavior problems. It was complete hell and I had to pretend that I was better, just so I wouldn't have to go anymore." He confessed.

"But your not going there for behavior problems, you're going there for your mental health, big difference." I told him. "I'm only suggesting it because I don't want you to drive yourself crazy and do something stupid."

"Stupid like what?" He asked.

"Like drive yourself insane and kill yourself!" I shouted, tears rolling down my face. "I fucking love you, Michael, don't you fucking understand that?! I only want what's best you us, but especially you!" I said, the pregnancy hormones making me more and more emotional. "You're showing signs of PTSD, and without getting help, it could spiral out of control."

"What?! Luke, I don't have PTSD." He laughed.

"It's not funny, Michael.."

"Oh my god, Luke, you're being so fucking dramatic."

I closed my eyes and bit my lip. For the past two weeks, he's been acting really rude and even said a few rude remarks to me, but today, today was the last straw.

"Oh? I'm being dramatic?" I asked him.

"Yes you are, with the whole suicide and PTSD bullshit." He said. "And you know what, fûck it, this is all your fault. If you wouldn't have been snooping around in my phone and got him fucking pissed off, nobody would've been killed. So yes, Luke, you started all of this and you should be the one fixing all of this shit, not me!" He yelled.

I nodded, taking all of that in. Once I quickly had that programmed in my mind, I turned and looked over at him.

"Take me to my brother's house." I simply said.

"What?! Why?!"

"You're not about to pin this shit on me, Michael. If your childish, immature ass would've just easily changed your number and moved somewhere else, it would've been the end of Zayn. But no, you decided to lead him on, having him think that one day, the two of you would get married and live happily ever after. So if anyone is going to take the fault, it should be you." I said to him, with so much anger in my tone. "I've let your rude words slide for the very last time, so either take me to my brother's house, or drop me off and I'll call him to pick me up, your choice." I told him seriously, not an ounce of hesitation in my voice.

"So what, you're just gonna run away from all of this?" He chuckled. "And to think that you were the mature one, but I guess not, only children run away from their problems."

He was really starting to test me, and I don't like when people test me. I balled up my fist and looked straight ahead.

"Pull over."

"So what, you're gonna walk away like a little toddler?"

"Pull over, or I swear to god, Michael.."

"-and get his diaper changed by his mommy and daddy.."

"You're pushing it, Micheal."

"-and maybe even get a pacifier to match your shir-"

Before he could finish his sentence, I completely blacked out. I was punching, scratching, even biting him. In that moment, I forgot I was twenty-eight weeks pregnant with twins, and also, I forgot that we were on a busy road.

As I was going in and out of it, I could hear car honks and people screaming and shouting. But the next thing I knew, I hear the sound of metal on metal and felt the car jerk roughly, causing the car to go off the road and down a steep and rocky hill. My body was still running off of adrenaline, that my vision became blurry and I couldn't feel anything as the car started to flip and roll down the steep and rocky hill. The next thing I know, the car hits something and that's when everything goes black and quiet.

----

I spent 8+ hours this chapter, so I hope the time I put into was okay. I didn't know what I wanted to do with this chapter, so I just started somewhere and just came going until I felt like it was complete.

Comment and vote!!

-Apryle