Chapter 3 - If I Believe You

"Jonathan... it's Steve, uh, can you let me in?" Steve looked up at the young boy with wide, hopeful eyes. At this point, Jonathan had still not forgiven Steve for smashing his camera on the ground and giving him hell.

After Jonathan had given Steve multiple dirty looks, the two of them both noticed the latch on the window was unlocked. Jonathan dashed to clasp it shut but Steve was quicker than him and pushed the wooden frame up above his head. Steve tumbled awkwardly into the younger boys room before brushing himself off.
"Like a ninja." He laughed to himself.

Jonathan furrowed his brows in confusion.
"Why are you here?... what do you want?"
"I wanted to apologize for, yknow, being an asshole." Steve ran his fingers through his soft brown hair. Unsure of what the boy before him would say.
Jonathan scoffed at him, offended by the way Steve thought he could just barge into his house late at night and be a sarcastic dick.

"You think just because you break into my house and plead a pathetic apology we're gonna be best friends??" Jonathan began to raise his voice.
Steve bit his lip as his heart started to race. Butterflies began to crash into the sides of his stomach. He always knew he was straight but there was something about Jonathan Byers that made him want to do bad, bad things.