Part 2

I walked through the front door of my house trying to be as quiet as possible while trying to get rid of the goosebumps Harry had given me before he left. A benefit of going to University close to home is being able to continue to live with you parents, however that is also a flaw at the same time.  As I tiptoed through the front hallway trying to be as quiet as possible, I stumbled over Lizzie’s small set of boots, startling the cats. It was almost a domino effect of small noises and movements and even though I am not sure which one exactly woke my mom up I knew that when she came down the stairs wrapped up in her robe, wearing her slippers and her hair messier than a birds nest that I was in trouble.

     “What are you doing home so late?”  she asked sternly.

     “I had to work on the extra credit project I told you about, remember?” I raised my eyebrow and set down my backpack firmly almost as if it was proof that I was working on my project. I knew I was  telling the truth but leaving out the fact I was studying Harry almost made it feel like a lie.

     “Oh that’s right” she rubbed her temples and continued to speak in a softer tone. “At least try to be a little more quiet when you come home, we just got Lizzie to sleep after the neighbors music was too loud and you know how hard it can be to calm her down”  I looked at her with sympathy, and nodded. I waited till she walked upstairs to continue into the kitchen and into the finished basement also known as my bedroom. We lived in a small house with three bedrooms on the upper floor, which use to be big enough for us. That was until Lizzie came along unexpectedly, changing my room into her nursery so she could be closer to my parents room, and not wanting to disturb my other sister Caitlyn from her humble abode, I got the shaft to the basement. Which I don’t really mind as it is almost like I have a place of my own except for the fact that I don’t have to pay rent.

     Being the oldest of three sisters is sometimes hard especially with our opposing personalities. Caitlyn only being two years younger than me was probably even harder for me to relate to than Lizzie, in ways. Caitlyn loves the spotlight and is the social butterfly of the family, and often claims how we don’t understand how hard it can be to balance everything, so she often lets her grades slide. Lizzie is like our little buzzing bee of the family, her only being six though there is quite the age gap between her and I. And all though she doesn’t mean to sometimes steals the show. When she was four she was diagnosed with Aspergers and having her fixed routines is important to her and sometimes difficult as she doesn’t always understand of others. So compared to my sisters the butterfly and the buzzing bee, I often feel like a moth.

       I flopped down on my bed and pulled my papers out of my bag, trying to go over different theories of why Harry could be involved in criminal behavior. The that I speculated over was Sheldon’s theory of body type, which looked at how most criminals have the same body type. However, it seemed that Harry’s body type was almost exact opposite of what a typicals criminal’s would be. So that was out of the question. To explore any other theories though I knew I would have to get to know even more about Harry and something told me that it wasn’t going to be easy.

      I couldn’t even look him up on facebook because how is one suppose to type in ‘just Harry’ and expect to get results. I hadn’t seen him around campus either so I highly doubt we would have any mutual friends. Although I must say something about him seems oddly familiar but for the life of me I can’t put a finger on it.

      “Wow, I’ surprised to see you up this late” I turned my head up and quickly covered the papers on my bed with a pillow, only to see my sister Caitlyn.

      “I’m surprised to see you in my room” I retorted slightly, Caitlyn and I never really saw eye to eye.

      “What are you hiding?” she walked over to my bed but I pressed down on my pillow harder making it difficult to move.

      “Nothing it’s just boring work” I answered quickly.

      “If it’s your boring work then why can’t I see it” she raised her eyebrow suspiciously, tugging harder at the pillow cover the papers.

     “You wouldn’t even understand it anyways” I thought of the quickest excuse possible.

      “Yea you’re right” she agreed with me  which threw me off a bit, Caitlyn never gave in. I looked at her confused but when she turned to walk away I figured she was to tired to argue. Quickly though she turn around and pushed me causing me to fumble off my bed.

      “C-” I went to yell at her when i realized how loud we were already being, so I changed my voice into a harsh whisper. “Would you just give me those”

      “Who’s Harry?” she asked. “Just Harry?” she looked up from the papers at me for answers. Her even saying his name almost made me turn crimson red but I fought it and just gave her a firm look.

       “He’s nobody just part of a study, yea that’s it, he’s a study rat” I answered.

      "A study rat that’s 6 feet tall?” she laughed. “Does goody-two-shoes Aubrey have a little boy toy she doesn’t want anyone know about?” she teased me. Caitlyn was always very into boys and popularity while I was always focused on studying and getting good grades. I was never very comfortable talking about boys, or my crushes. Not that I have a crush on Harry.

       “Don’t tell anyone” I looked at Caitlyn, begging her with my eyes. A sly smile grew upon her face.

       “You have to give me all the juicy details, don’t leave any out” her voice turned from snotty to sing song, she sounded genuinely excited for me. Except I don’t think she was expecting the story I was about to give her, which in all actually was pretty boring but seemed exciting in my noneventful life. I replied in a matching tone, gushing about how I found Harry in the lab and how I made him a deal. I may have mentioned that he is slightly attractive.  

     “And?” my sister asked leaning forward at the end of my description of Harry.

     “And that was the end” I explained to her, hugging my pillow.

    “You didn’t do anything with him, kiss him, accidentally brush against him” she wiggled her eyebrows.

      “Caitlyn!” I picked my pillow up and swatted her. You would never know that she was the younger one of the two of us. She was taller than me, and definitely acted like she was a lot older than she was. “No, that’s it. We are just friends if you can even call it that” I restated.

     “Okay, sure. I know you have a crush on him Aubrey, you haven’t showed interest in someone this much since Carter and praise the lord thank god you finally got over that one way street.” she half laughed. “I’m going out, if I’m not back by tell mom I mentioned something to you about an early morning jog.” she added and walked out of my room shutting my door. Caitlyn did know a lot more about boys than I did, but I don’t think she didn’t get that I don’t have a crush on Harry, I can’t because I barely know him. Now Carter was a completely different story, Carter is Carter and Harry is just Harry.

Authors note: I'm thinking 100 votes and 30 comments until the next update