Stranded Island

I open my eyes and feel the sun's rays hitting my face with full strength. I raise my hand to my head, blocking the sunshine from my face and squint as everything was a blur. I slowly raise my self off the ground and wobble, taking three steps back and falling back on to the moist grassy area. I hiss in pain and look at my limbs. Red and purple bruises covered my body. Large cut wounds, surrounded by wet and dried blood were evident on my arms and legs. I lay down on the ground,sweaty and tried trying to figure out what was going on. Oh no.

I rushed to get up with the unbearable pain in my legs. My head was pounding making the situation harder but, that didn't stop me. I limped searching behind every bush, every tree, every corner and every leaf, fearing of what I would see behind it. Sweat dripped from my forehead landing onto the grass. I continued searching but, that didn't last for long. I stopped in my tracks.

"No. No. No.NO!"

I screamed at the top of my lungs and fell to the ground. Tears filled up my eyes. I pulled at the roots of my hair and held my head back. This can't be happening. I looked at my lifeless sibling on the dirt. His blood pooled around his body and began to soak into the the grass. My blood ran cold as I saw his limbs the way his limbs were in an unnatural position.

I turned away, not having the courage to continue looking at him. Another pang hits my heart when I see a women's body from the corner of my eye. I close my eyes trying to wake up from this nightmare but, to my dismay I open my eyes to see the same grassy scenery. I scream throwing out any kind of profanity there is. I hush down and remain in silence.

Disbelief. Confusion. Frustration. Traumatized.  Helpless. I felt helpless. I stared into a tree trunk blankly. I stayed still trying to comprehend what had just happend. Taking a deep breath, I turn around.  I stared into my brother's deceased body and look up to see my mother's further into the island. I walk away, not too far and get on both of my knees. I grab a chunk of dirt from the ground and throw it off to the side. Tears began to build up in my eyes but, I continued. I came to an end when I felt as if the size of the hole was big enough. I drag my brother's corpse into the hole and carefully place his body inside of it. I walk up to my mother's body and see that her head is awfully banged up. Her limbs were covered in huge open wounds. I check her pulse filled with hope but, I guess luck just wasn't on my side. I sob tremendously as I attempt to carry her to the hole with my sibling. I place her on top of my brother and caress her cheek. "I love you"

I throw the dirt that I had previously set a side onto my deceased family members. I pat down the last speck of dirt onto the hole. I get up and grab a beautiful purple flower from a bush. I place it on top of their grave. "Thank you for always being there for me when I had no one else. Thank you for taking care of me when I had no one. Thank you for being my family." A tear rolls down my face. I look down one last time before walking off.

I wipe off my tears and look into the distance attempting to find a way off this cursed island. I travel for about 20 minutes with a few pit stops here and there before finding a gigantic chunk of metal. I run up to it and look inside the broken down jet.

"If anything happens, just know I love.You hear me. I want nothing more for you guys than to live your life to the fullest. I will always be in your hearts no matter what." My brother and I nod at my mother's words. She opens up the jet's emergency door and jumps out. I was able to see grey fume coming out of the jet wings. My brother looked at me and gave me a sly smile before jumping off. I took a deep breath. You can do this Kylie. No you can't. Yes you can. Be a brave girl for mommy. I watched as the jet came closer to the ground. I close my eyes and counted to thirty. I jumped off.

I shake my head. I check the cabinets in the jet till I find a case. I open it to see a flare gun and three bullets. I close the case and begin walking. My head snapped to the direction behind me as I heard leaves crunching. For a split second I could've sworn that I saw someone.

"Hello?"